Pumpkin Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins-moist spiced pumpkin muffins with coconut and chocolate chips. These easy pumpkin muffins are a fall favorite.
I am headed up to Park City later today for the Better Blog Retreat. I am excited to see blogging friends, but I am already missing my boys. I have been traveling a lot lately and miss them every second I am gone. I wanted to leave them a special treat, so I made them Pumpkin Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins.
My boys LOVE muffins, they are obsessed. I always keep a stash in the freezer and the other day I walked in the kitchen and Maxwell was on the floor with a freezer bag of muffins. He was eating one frozen. Silly kid!
I know the boys will love these moist pumpkin spiced muffins because they have coconut and chocolate chips, a delightful combo. I add coconut and chocolate chips inside the muffins and on top. The coconut on top gets toasted while baking and creates a nice toasted coconut topping.
The muffins are sweet enough for dessert, but I am ok if the boys eat them for breakfast while I am gone. I know Josh will spoil them. When the mommy is away the boys will play:)
I am going to put a few Pumpkin Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins in the freezer so I can enjoy one when I get home. I just hope Maxwell doesn’t find them. He is a little muffin man:)
Get your fall on and make a batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are delish!
Follow along my Park City adventures on Instagram and snapchat, twopeasandpod!
Pumpkin Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chocolate chips
For the topping:
- ¼ cup shredded coconut for sprinkling on top
- ¼ chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among lined muffin cups, filling each cup ¾ full.
- Sprinkle coconut and chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins. Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out with just a few crumbs. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod