Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies- soft and chewy oatmeal cookies with shredded coconut and lots of chocolate chips! This cookie recipe is a family favorite!
Cookies hold a special place in my heart. They just make me happy…and my tummy happy too! I have A LOT of favorite recipes, but these Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are at the very top of the list. I have been making them since I was little so there is the nostalgic factor, but they are also VERY delicious.
This cookie recipe is a good one to have in your regular repertoire. They turn out perfect every time, everyone loves them, and they are a classic. You can’t go wrong!
The cookies are soft, chewy, sweet, and have the perfect amount of coconut and chocolate. I use sweetened coconut and semi-chocolate chips, but if you prefer milk or dark chocolate, go for it! The cookies are great on their own or dunked in a glass of cold milk!
Make a batch TODAY! I know you will LOVE them!
And you can double the recipe, I often do because these cookies never last long:)
How to Store
The cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to four days. You can also freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months. Place in a freezer bag or freezer container and freeze. They are good frozen or you can let them come to room temperature.
If you want to freeze the cookie dough, shape the dough into balls and place the balls on a baking sheet or tray. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until balls are hard. Transfer to a freezer bag or freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, preheat the oven and bake! You don’t have to defrost the dough, just add a few minutes to the baking time.
I prefer old fashioned oats for this recipe.
I like to use sweetened coconut flakes, but unsweetened will work too.
I like to use unsalted butter so I can control the amount of salt in the recipe. If you only have salted butter, you can use it, just adjust the salt to your taste.
I like semi-sweet and Guittard is my favorite brand. You can use milk or dark chocolate chips. You can even try white chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips!
More Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together sugars and butter with a mixer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Stir in oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls or use a cookie scoop, about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Place on a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until tops are slightly golden. They will still be soft. Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Baked Ambrosia