I know everyone is probably sick of cookies and cookie recipes, but NOT me! The holidays did not burn me out. Cookies hold a special place in my heart. They just make me happy…and my tummy happy too!
We had some friends over to watch a movie, so of course I had to bake a treat! I was in the mood for oatmeal cookies and they are Josh’s favorite too! I wanted something a little different though. This time I added coconut and chocolate chips! A divine combo indeed! We especially loved these with a glass of cold milk!! These are the perfect dunkaroos!
More Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together sugars and butter with a mixer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly add in flour mixture. Stir in oats and coconut. Add in chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls or use a cookie scoop, about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Place on a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are slightly golden. They will still be soft. Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod