Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe – a chocolate chip cookie recipe with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and grated chocolate. This is a chocolate, chocolate chip cookies recipe! Because loaded chocolate chip cookies make the BEST chocolate chip cookies!
Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
I know what you are probably thinking, do I really need another chocolate chip cookie recipe? I am here to tell you YES! You most certainly need this Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe because it is the BEST! Wait, do I dare call them, the best chocolate chip cookies? There are so many “best” chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. Well, I am feeling daring, so why not, they are the BEST chocolate chip cookies. I am completely smitten by this chocolate chip cookie recipe and I think you will love it too!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
So what makes these chocolate cookies so special? First, the texture is perfect, slightly crisp around the edges and soft and chewy in the center. But the real magic is that I add three kinds of chocolate-chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and grated chocolate. That’s right, these cookies are loaded with chocolate! They are chocolate, chocolate chip cookies!
There is chocolaty goodness in every bite. I love the contrast of the chips, chunks, and grated chocolate. Chocolate lovers will go crazy for this chocolate chip cookie recipe! Oh, and there is sea salt on top because that is a MUST if you ask me!
Tips for Making the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everyone is always on the hunt for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Here are some tips that will help you make the BEST chocolate chip cookie every single time!
- Use unsalted butter and make sure your butter is at room temperature, but not too soft. When you press your finger into the butter it should leave a slight indention. If you forget to take your butter out of the fridge, you can microwave it for a few seconds, but be VERY careful. You do not want melted butter or super soft butter. I recommend heating the butter for 2 seconds at a time and turning it.
- Use granulated and brown sugar. I use more brown sugar than granulated sugar because I like soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. The brown sugar has molasses and will give the cookies a slight caramel flavor too.
- Use all-purpose flour and whisk the dry ingredients together. You don’t need to sift the dry ingredients together.
- I like to use sea salt in the dough and a sprinkling of sea salt on top of the cookies before they go into the oven. The kick of sea salt makes the chocolate chip cookies extra special. This is my favorite finishing sea salt to use when making cookies, it is pretty and the perfect finishing touch!
- Use large eggs. They don’t have to be at room temperature.
- Use pure vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla. You want the good stuff!
- Make sure you use good chocolate for this recipe. I prefer semi-sweet, but you can use milk chocolate if that is your favorite. I like the mix of chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and grated chocolate since they are chocolate lover’s chocolate chip cookies. If you want to just use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, you certainly can!
- I always use my KitchenAid stand mixer when I make chocolate chip cookie dough. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer or a bowl and spoon! There is nothing wrong with making cookies the old fashioned way!
- Line your baking sheets with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- Make sure you leave about 2 inches between each cookie because the cookies will spread while baking.
- Don’t over bake the chocolate chip cookies. Remove from the oven when they are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. This will take about 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes to finish setting up and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Store the chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 to 4 days.
Can you Refrigerate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Yes, chocolate chip cookie dough refrigerates really well. You don’t have to chill the dough for this chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can bake them right away, but you certainly can refrigerate the dough. The flavors will actually intensify if you do let the dough chill. You can chill cookie dough for up to 72 hours.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Yes! Chocolate chip cookie dough freezes beautifully! To freeze chocolate chip cookie dough, roll the cookie dough into balls and place on a baking sheet or tray. Place in the freezer and freeze until the cookie dough balls are frozen, about 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and place in a freezer bag or freezer container. Freeze the cookie dough balls for up to 2 months. When ready to bake, remove the cookie dough balls from the freezer and place on a baking sheet. You don’t need to defrost the cookie dough, just add a few minutes to the baking time.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Yes! We always have a stash of chocolate chip cookies in our freezer. Let the cookies cool completely and then place in a freezer bag of freezer container. Freeze for up to 2 months. You can eat the chocolate chip cookies frozen, trust me they are still good frozen, or defrost and then enjoy!
A New Go-To Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is my new “go-to” chocolate chip cookie. I will be baking endless batches of these babies. They are the BEST!! Make a batch today…like right now. I am going to because these cookie photos have me craving them all over again.
I can’t wait to bite into a fresh cookie that is oozing with warm chocolate. Ok, no more talking about chocolate chip cookies, talk is torture, it’s time to do some baking and eating. Bye!!
If you like this chocolate chip cookie recipe, you might also like:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Watch How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Take a minute to watch the video below for all my tips, tricks and secrets on how to make chocolate chip cookies that taste better than you ever imagined!
Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies have three kinds of chocolate-chocolate chips, chunks, and grated chocolate. They are the BEST chocolate chip cookies!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup grated chocolate
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 1 minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, and grated chocolate.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Note-to grate the chocolate, use a chocolate bar and cheese grater. You can use semi-sweet, dark, or milk chocolate. Choose your favorite! The cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cookies!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!