Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn
We spent most of our Sunday watching football and the Golden Globes. I wanted a sweet treat, but was not in the mood to bake. Surprise, huh? 🙂 I was going to make our Twix Caramel Popcorn, but didn’t have any Twix candy bars, so I made a batch of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn instead. So happy I found my stash of Reese’s:) This popcorn is divine-think caramel corn, but with a peanut butter honey coating instead of the caramel. Oh, and it gets better, I also added a drizzle of chocolate and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to the mix. I was in sweet treat heaven with this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn!
I love how easy this popcorn is to make. You don’t have to bake it in the oven, you just combine peanut butter, honey, sugar, and vanilla on the stove and cook it for a few minutes. You pour the hot peanut butter mixture over your popcorn and gently stir until all of the popcorn is coated. I spread the popcorn out on a baking sheet and drizzled it with chocolate. I let the popcorn sit for a whole five minutes, I couldn’t wait any longer for the chocolate to harden, then I added the mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
I filled a bowl with popcorn and munched away while I watched the end of the Golden Globes. Yes, I was indulging while watching all of those skinny actresses. I think some of them needed a bowl of my popcorn:) The popcorn is sweet, gooey, with a slightly salty kick. And just when you think the popcorn can’t get any better, you will get a handful with a Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-chocolate peanut butter bliss!
This popcorn is perfect for movie night, game day, or any day really. I know I could eat a big bowl every day:) I am going to make a big batch of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn for our Super Bowl party. I know it will be a hit!
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn
Peanut butter popcorn with a drizzle of chocolate and Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. This sweet popcorn snack is perfect for movie night or game day.
Yield: About 8 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 8 cups plain popcorn (we use air-popped popcorn)
- Fine salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it’s all coated. Spread popcorn on a large baking sheet. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. Stir in the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Notes: We used air-popped popcorn, but you can use microwave popcorn or stovetop popcorn. If you can’t find Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, you can chop up regular Peanut Butter Cups.
Adapted from The KitchnAll images and text ©Two Peas & Their Pod.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn, you might also like: