Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic, Blue Cheese, and Pecans-this easy vegetable side dish is perfect for the holidays or served along side any fall meal.
When I was at The Better Blog Retreat, I had the most amazing butternut squash dish from Private Selection. I decided I needed to recreate the dish in my own kitchen, with a few twists. I always like playing around with recipes.
The dish I enjoyed at the retreat was made with roasted butternut squash, balsamic vinegar, blue cheese, and walnuts. I mixed things up by adding rosemary and I swapped pecans for the walnuts. SO good!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic, Blue Cheese, and Pecans is an easy side dish that is perfect for fall and for your Thanksgiving feast!
The hardest part about this recipe is cutting the butternut squash. I always make Josh do that part:) It really isn’t that hard, but if Josh is around, why not put him to work? 🙂 You can also buy pre-cut butternut squash at the store to keep the recipe super simple!
When the roasted rosemary butternut squash comes out of the oven, add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Don’t skip this part. The balsamic is SO good on the squash!
To finish up the dish, add crumbled blue cheese and pecans. Mmmmm! This is meant to be a side dish, but I could eat this for dinner and be perfectly content!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic, Blue Cheese, and Pecans is a fabulous fall side dish. Add this easy recipe to your Thanksgiving menu today!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 1 large butternut squash about 3 pounds, peeled and seeded and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the butternut squash on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the squash is tender, stirring once.
- Remove the squash from the oven and transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle the squash with balsamic vinegar. Top with chopped pecans and blue cheese. Serve warm.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!