Roasted Pear and Cranberry Brussels Sprouts-crispy Brussels sprouts with sweet roasted pears, dried cranberries, lemon, and honey. This simple side dish goes great with any meal.
What are you guys making for Christmas dinner? Do you make ham, lasagna, tamales, turkey or something completely different from the traditional Christmas meal? I need ideas because I am hosting dinner for my family this year. My dad loves ham so we might have to go that route, but I am not a ham fan so if we do, I am going to make tons of fun sides, including cranberry sauce and Roasted Pear and Cranberry Brussels Sprouts. I made these for Thanksgiving and I am still dreaming about them. They were SO good!
This recipe comes from Ayesha Curry’s new cookbook, The Seasoned Life. If you follow our blog, you know we are BIG Warriors fans. We love Stephen Curry and the entire Curry family. So when I heard Ayesha was coming out with a cookbook, I was super excited.
The Seasoned Life is filled with simple and delicious recipes that the entire family will love. It is one of my favorite cookbooks from 2016.
These Roasted Pear and Cranberry Brussels Sprouts will blow your mind. They are so easy to make and the flavors are insanely delicious. The crispy Brussels sprouts with sweet roasted pears, onions, cranberries, lemon, and honey is perfection! All of the flavors come together to create the BEST Brussels sprouts ever. Plus, this recipe is pretty to serve, making it a great side dish for the holidays. Everyone will be coming back for seconds.
I am not exactly sure what will be on our Christmas dinner table, but I do know that these Roasted Pear and Cranberry Brussels Sprouts will be making an appearance and I can’t wait. You should add them to your holiday menu too!
Roasted Pear and Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 pears cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion or red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, pears, and onion and toss to coat with the olive oil. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown and have started to crisp and the pears have caramelized, about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Squeeze 3 of the lemon wedges over the pan and drizzle with the honey. Add the dried cranberries and toss to combine well. Taste and season with more lemon and salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod