You will never know this smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients because it is SO delicious! It is a favorite Breakfast and Snack at our house, even the kids love This Smoothie Recipe!
Best Smoothie Recipe
Today, I am sharing a secret with you. Are you ready? I am sharing the BEST smoothie recipe that is full of secret ingredients. But you have to promise not to tell anyone what the secret healthy ingredients are. Pinky promise? Good, it will be our little secret.
You see, I make this healthy smoothie recipe for my boys ALL the time and they LOVE it, but they have no idea what is in it. They actually beg for this smoothie for breakfast almost every single day. And every time they see me making it for myself, they get out their cups because they want some. They usually drink it all so I have to make another one:) It is that good!
So what are the secret ingredients in this healthy smoothie recipe?
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk-I love using unsweetened vanilla almond milk because it adds a nice vanilla flavor without any added sugar. Feel free to use your favorite milk.
- Spinach or kale-Add greens! I like to use spinach leaves or kale. Make sure you add a packed cup. You can’t taste the greens, I promise so don’t skip them! This smoothie is a great way to sneak in some greens!
- Frozen cauliflower-Yes, CAULIFLOWER! This is the ultimate secret ingredient. Frozen cauliflower adds a nice texture to the smoothie and you can’t taste it at all! Use frozen cauliflower or frozen cauliflower rice. Frozen cauliflower is easier on the digestive system than fresh cauliflower and it makes the smoothie thick and creamy. I promise no one will ever know it is in there. My boys don’t have a clue!
- Frozen blueberries-I use frozen blueberries because they are cheaper year round and I can always have them on hand. Blueberries are low in calorie but high in nutrients and antioxidants. They are a superfood and a great addition to this smoothie. Plus, the blue color helps hide the greens in this smoothie…if you or your kids are afraid of drinking anything green:)
- Banana-Use a ripe or overripe banana for optimal results. You want the banana to be nice and sweet. You can use a fresh or frozen banana. Pro tip, if you have a bunch of overripe bananas, peel them, cut them into pieces and put them in a freezer bag. That way you always have bananas to make this smoothie.
- Chia seeds-These tiny seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch. Chia seeds add good quality protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, and more!
- Ground Flaxseed-Another great nutrition addition! Just make sure you are adding ground flaxseed or flaxseed meal.
- Protein powder-The protein powder is optional, but I like to add vanilla protein powder to my smoothie before or after a workout. is my favorite. Clean Simple Eats protein powder is my favorite brand. The vanilla flavor tastes amazing, one scoop has 20 grams of protein, and the label is super clean. I also love the vegan protein powder.
I bet you have most of these ingredients in your kitchen. If not, it is time to stock up so you can make this smoothie all of the time! And if you want to add in a few more secret ingredients, here are a few other ideas:
- a spoonful of almond butter
- use frozen mixed berries instead of blueberries
- hemp hearts
- bee pollen
- collagen powder
This smoothie recipe is easy to customize, pack it full of all of your favorite healthy ingredients.
How to Make a Healthy Smoothie
You need a blender to make this smoothie recipe. I really love this blender and this one. Both are powerhouses and will blend the smoothie with no problem. If your blender isn’t super powerful, that is fine, you will just have to blend for longer and maybe add a little more liquid. I would also recommend using frozen cauliflower rice and a fresh banana because it will blend easier than frozen cauliflower florets and a frozen banana. You might have to stop the blender and stir it and blend again. Just make sure you blend until all of the ingredients are blended well. You don’t want any pieces of spinach or chunks of cauliflower in your smoothie:)
This smoothie only takes a few minutes to make, making it the perfect healthy breakfast or snack! Place all of the ingredients in the blender, put the lid on tightly and blend until completely smooth! If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add a little more liquid and blend again until desired consistency is reached. I personally like a thick smoothie.
This recipe makes a really big smoothie or two smaller smoothies. If I am making it for our boys, they always share this smoothie. Pour into glasses and sip away. And if you need a good smoothie straw, these are my favorite reusable straws.
Get out your blender and make this healthy smoothie TODAY! I promise you will never know it is packed with healthy ingredients because it is SO delicious! CHEERS!
More Easy Smoothie Recipes:
- Green Smoothie
- Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- Triple Berry Chia Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
Secret Ingredient Smoothie
You will never know this smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients because it is SO delicious! It is a favorite at our house, even the kids love it!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
Place the milk, banana, blueberries, cauliflower, spinach, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, and protein powder, if using, in a blender. Blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, you can add a little more milk or water and blend again until desired consistency is reached. Pour into a glass or two glasses and serve immediately.
smoothie, smoothie recipe