Smoky Bacon Chili
Smoky Bacon Chili-meat lovers will go crazy for this chili. It is made with sausage, beef, and BACON! It is a game day favorite!
This is a sponsored post by Hunt’s® tomatoes. All opinions are my own.
It’s less than a week away from the big game and that means it is crunch time. It is time to figure out what is on the menu! We all know the food is the most important part of the game:) I love football, but I love food even more.
I have started a game day food list and it keeps getting longer. There are so many things to make…pretzel bites, nachos, chips and salsa, guacamole, pizza rolls, and this Smoky Bacon Chili. My boys say this is the ultimate game day chili and a MUST for the big game.
Meat lovers will go crazy for this chili because it is made with sausage, ground beef, and bacon. Bacon in chili? Yep! Josh says it is the secret ingredient that will keep you coming back for more. It adds a nice smokiness to the chili. The chili also has smoked paprika to bring out the smoky flavor.
The chili is also made with onion, red bell pepper, garlic, Hunt’s Recipe Ready Tomato Paste, Hunt’s Tomato Sauce, Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes, beans, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, and pure maple syrup. The maple syrup compliments the bacon and adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the chili.
We like to use Hunt’s Recipe Ready Tomato Paste for this recipe because the pouches contain two tablespoons of tomato paste, the perfect amount for most recipes and this chili. The pouches are so easy to use too and super convenient. We always keep them in our pantry.
When the chili is done simmering, it is time to load on the toppings! Top with shredded cheese, green onion, jalapeno slices, and sour cream. A loaded bowl of Smoky Bacon Chili is the perfect way to watch the game. And if you can’t wait until game day, this chili makes a great meal any day. Enjoy!
Smoky Bacon Chili
This is the ultimate chili recipe, it is made with sausage, beef, AND bacon!
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Hunt’s Recipe Ready Tomato Paste Packet (2 tablespoons)
- 1 (8 oz) can Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- 3 (15 oz) cans Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes
- 3 (15 oz) cans small red beans or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup tamed jalapeno slices, drained (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings-shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, jalapeno slices
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the beef and sausage and cook until browned, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the meat from the pan and place on a plate that has been lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Add the onion, red pepper, and garlic to the pan and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, bacon, and jalapeno slices. Stir until combined and add the cooked sausage and beef.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, maple syrup, and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir and let the chili simmer on low for 30 minutes or until chili has thickened.
- Serve the chili warm with desired toppings.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt’s . The opinions and text are all mine.