We went to our 25 week Dr’s appointment this week and everything is looking great! Our little pea is growing right on schedule and his heart beat is strong. We are getting more and more excited for our little guy to arrive. I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well and fast:) After our appointment, I came home and made Spinach Artichoke White Bean Crostini. This crostini recipe would be perfect for any party, but since it was the middle of the day and I didn’t have any party plans, I had a party for two. This crostini made a great lunch for me and the baby:)
I toasted baguette slices in the oven and topped each slice with a mixture of spinach, artichokes, white beans, basil, garlic, lemon, and feta cheese. All of the flavors combined to create a fantastic crostini. I loved the creamy texture the white beans and feta cheese added. The garlic, lemon, and basil also gave the crostini a kick of freshness. The green and white color was also nice.
This Spinach Artichoke White Bean Crostini is simple to make and perfect for any summer party. It also makes a great light lunch or healthy snack. And I love that I picked the basil for this recipe out of our herb garden. I just love summer!
Spinach Artichoke White Bean Crostini
- 15 crostini
- 15 1/4-inch thick slices French baguette
- Olive oil for brushing baguette slices
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup artichoke hearts from jar, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Using a pastry brush, brush the baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine white beans, artichokes, spinach, basil, garlic, lemon juice, and feta cheese. Stir gently. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3. Spoon spinach and artichoke mixture onto the toasted baguette slices. Serve immediately.
If you like this Spinach Artichoke White Bean Crostini, you might also like: