Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies-chocolate chip cookies covered in bright and colorful sprinkles. These cookies are perfect for birthdays, parties, or any day!
I asked the boys what they wanted to do to celebrate moving into our new house and Caleb said go to Disneyland and Maxwell said eat treats. Maxwell’s answer won. I did let Caleb pick the treat though, Maxwell will eat anything with sugar:) Caleb asked if we could make chocolate chip cookies with sprinkles. I loved the idea so we dug through a few boxes to find our sprinkle collection and made Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Our boys LOVE sprinkles. They will eat anything if there are sprinkles on top. I may try putting sprinkles on vegetables, ha!
I love sprinkles too. They are bright, fun, and happy!
I mixed up a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough and stirred in lots of colorful sprinkles.
I also rolled the cookies in sprinkles before putting them in the oven. There were sprinkles everywhere, including the floor, but sometimes you have to make a mess to have fun.
The chocolate chip cookies baked up perfectly. The addition of sprinkles made the cookies extra special. They are SO fun! I used rainbow sprinkles, but you can use your favorite sprinkles. You can use holiday colors, sports team colors, bridal shower or baby shower colors, wedding colors, etc. The options are endless. These cookies are perfect for birthdays, parties, or any celebration.
Make a batch of Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies. You can’t eat one of these cookies without smiling. They are our happy cookies. They are fun to make and fun to eat! We hope you enjoy them too!
Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our favorite chocolate chip cookies just got better! You will love the addition of colorful sprinkles. These cookies are perfect for birthdays or any special occasion.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sprinkles, divided
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the sprinkles.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Pour the remaining 3/4 cup of sprinkles in a small bowl. Roll the cookies in the sprinkles, covering the entire cookie dough ball. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Note-I used rainbow sprinkles, but you can use your favorite sprinkles. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 1 month.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!