Strawberries and Cream Bars
Strawberries and Cream Bars-thick sugar cookie bars topped with white chocolate cream cheese frosting and strawberries. The perfect dessert for spring and summer!
Are you guys excited for strawberry season? I can’t get enough. I bought a bunch to make this Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad and had some leftovers so I decided dessert needed to happen. I turned to my good friend Shelly’s new cookbook, The Cookies and Cup Cookbook, and found these dreamy Strawberries and Cream Bars. I got out all of the ingredients and started baking ASAP!
I am usually a chocolate dessert person, but when strawberries are in season, I take a little break from chocolate and choose strawberry desserts. Strawberry shortcake, strawberry cake, and strawberries with whipped cream are always a good idea!
And now I have a new strawberry dessert to add to my list because these Strawberries and Cream Bars are amazing!!
The sugar cookie crust is super easy to make, I bet you have all of the ingredients in your kitchen right now. When the crust cools spread the bars with white chocolate cream cheese frosting. Yeah, you read that right, white chocolate AND cream cheese…YES!!! Top the bars with ripe and juicy strawberries and you have a beautiful and delicious dessert!
Now, let’s talk about The Cookies and Cups Cookbook because it is SWEET! Shelly’s book is filled with decadent desserts that are sure to cure all of your sugar cravings. I love a good sweet treat and Shelly’s dessert recipes are incredible. I started bookmarking recipes to try, but then I realized I wanted to make them all. No need to bookmark, I just need to start baking! Oh, and if you are more of a savory person, there is a section with quick savory recipes. There is something for everyone!
I highly recommend The Cookies and Cups Cookbook, you should probably buy it NOW…and I really think you should start with the Strawberries and Cream Bars. They are the perfect dessert bars for spring and summer!
Strawberries and Cream Bars
Thick sugar cookie bars topped with white chocolate cream cheese frosting and strawberries. These easy bars make a great spring or summer dessert!
Yield: 16 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For the bars:
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the topping:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- For the bars: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 7 x 11-inch baking dish with foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter sugar, and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn the speed to low and add the flour, mixing until the dough just comes together.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool completely.
- For the topping: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Slowly beat in the melted white chocolate and mix on medium speed until smooth and incorporated evenly, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled crust. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve the bars, spread the strawberries evenly on top of the cream cheese layer. Cut into squares and serve.
Note-if you use unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the bars. Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Recipe from The Cookies & Cups Cookbook by Shelly JaronskyAll images and text ©Two Peas & Their Pod.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!