This easy strawberry cake is one of our favorite desserts. Easy, basic ingredients make this homemade strawberry cake a cinch. Best served with whipped cream or ice cream.
Fresh Strawberries? Time for Strawberry Cake.
I have always enjoyed strawberries, but lately, I am obsessed. Strawberry season is my favorite. When strawberries are ripe and ready, we buy them like crazy. I love eating strawberries with my yogurt, cereal, in salads, in salsa, and of course I love making strawberry shortcake. It is a strawberry season classic!
I also love making this delightful Strawberry Cake. It is one of my favorite strawberry desserts because it is SO easy! This is my go to strawberry cake recipe. It is always a crowd pleaser and it’s SO good with fresh strawberries.
Homemade Strawberry Cake
I love that this cake is easy to make and requires basic ingredients.The cake batter takes about 10 minutes to make and is made from ingredients you should have in your kitchen right now. You just need fresh strawberries!
This strawberry cake recipe is the perfect dessert for easy entertaining or for when you want something sweet but don’t want to do a lot of work. The cake comes together in no time and you don’t have to worry about layers, frosting, or decorating. This is my kind of cake!
The sliced strawberries peek through cake, creating a beautiful cake. The turbinado sugar adds a sugary crunch to the cake and makes it extra pretty. The cake is moist and reminds me of strawberry shortcake, but in cake form. You will love getting a bite of cake that is bursting with fresh, juicy strawberries!
Serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also dust the caked with powdered sugar. You can serve this beautiful and simple cake at baby showers, bridal showers, for Easter dessert, Mother’s Day brunch, or just because. It is the perfect dessert for any occasion. And if you have any leftovers, I highly recommend eating a slice for breakfast:)
If you enjoy ripe, red strawberries, you will love this Strawberry Cake. It is a great dessert for spring and summer! I plan on making this easy cake as long as the strawberries are in season. It is a favorite dessert at our house!
Other strawberry recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Bread
- Strawberries and Cream Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
- Strawberry Ricotta Scones
This easy strawberry cake is one of our favorite desserts. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Yield: Serves 10
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top of cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch springform pan or pie plate. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Arrange strawberry slices on top of batter. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over berries.
- Bake cake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 50-55 minutes. Let cool in pan. To serve, cut into wedges. Store cake at room temperature, for up to two days.
Adapted from Martha StewartAll images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Photos by Jess Larson