The summer is flying by, I can’t believe it is August already. We are still enjoying the hot summer sun and temperatures in Utah. To cool down, I made a special beverage, strawberry limeade. It is very refreshing and so simple to make.
Josh was working hard on our kitchen remodel and I sensed he needed a break, so I brought him a tall glass of strawberry limeade. We enjoyed our drinks on the front porch. We love sitting outside. We are lucky our house gets a nice canyon breeze. It is also fun to watch the neighborhood families walk, run, bike, and scooter around the neighborhood. We also have some of the cutest dogs in our neighborhood. It was nice to relax and slowly sip our strawberry limeade. We are trying to enjoy every last bit of summer we can and this beverage did the trick.
This strawberry limeade is a little sweet and a little sour with fresh strawberry puree in the mix. Use fresh lime juice and the sweetest strawberries you can find. It is the perfect summer drink for adults and kids. Make a big pitcher because everyone will want to cool down with a special strawberry limeade drink. Cheers!
- 1-½ cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 cups cold water
- ¾ to 1 cup granulated sugar depending on how sweet the strawberries are
- Ice cubes
- Lime slices-for serving if desired
- 1. Blend strawberries and lime juice in blender or food processor until smooth.
- 2. Pour strawberry and lime mixture into a large pitcher. Add cold water and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- 3. Add in ice cubes and pour into individual glasses. Garnish with lime, if desired.
- 4. Pour over ice cubes in tall glasses; garnish each with strawberry or lime wedge, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this strawberry limeade, you might also like:
Berry Banana Smoothie from Two Peas and Their Pod
Strawberry Mango Smoothie from Two Peas and Their Pod
Cherry Limeade from She Wears Many Hats
Basil Infused Limeade from What’s Gaby Cooking