Strawberry Banana Smoothie- An easy, healthy smoothie that’s made with only a few ingredients. It’s perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
I have lots of delicious smoothie recipes on my site (I really love smoothies!), but I think the most classic of all is this Strawberry Banana Smoothie. It’s got a short ingredient list and I really think everyone loves the combination of strawberry and bananas. You can’t go wrong! And the best part? My kids BEG for this smoothie! They think it is a treat and I love that it is packed with healthy ingredients. Everyone wins!
I love this ingredient list! It’s short, simple, and I’m guessing you’ve got these items in your kitchen already. We’ll be blending…
- Frozen strawberries-I like to use frozen strawberries because I can keep them in the freezer at all times, no matter the season, and they are usually more affordable. Plus, frozen strawberries will make a thicker smoothie. If you have fresh strawberries, you can use them, just make sure you use a frozen banana or add ice to thicken it up.
- Banana – The more brown, the sweeter your smoothie will be! If you have bananas going brown on the counter you can always peel, cut, and freeze them. You can use a fresh or frozen banana. Just make sure you use one frozen fruit, either the strawberries or the banana.
- Milk – Use any kind you like. I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond milk or even my Homemade Kefir!
- Plain Greek yogurt– I like to use plain Greek yogurt because I always have it in the fridge and it is lower in sugar than sweetened yogurts. You can use vanilla yogurt if you prefer it.
- Frozen cauliflower – I promise you can’t taste it and it actually gives the smoothie a super creamy texture. I highly encourage you to add it in!
- Vanilla extract– Just a splash for sweet vanilla flavor!
Healthy Smoothie Recipe
There’s tons of great nutrition involved! It’s a fantastic way to start your morning or give your body a healthy snack! I love drinking this smoothie after a workout. This smoothie provides:
- Vitamin C
Optional Mix Ins
If you want to boost the nutritional value even more, feel free to add in any of these healthy mix ins! They will blend right in!
- Bee pollen
- Hemp hearts
- Vanilla protein powder (this is my favorite brand)
- Chia seeds
- Ground flaxseed
- A handful of spinach or kale (your smoothie will turn green, but you won’t taste the greens)
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are so EASY to make. Simply place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth! I use this blender and I love it! A good blender really is key for making sure all of the ingredients get blended up well. You don’t want a chunky smoothie, you want a nice and creamy smoothie:)
Pour into a glass or jar and enjoy! I like to use these reusable straws.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Detox Smoothie
- Secret Ingredient Healthy Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Molly
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.
Maria – new to cauliflower in smoothies. Do you use florets or can you use frozen / riced cauliflower? Thanks so much!
I use florets, but I have a powerful blender. If you don’t have a powerful blender, use riced, it is easier to blend. Both work well:) I hope you love the smoothie! I promise you can’t taste the cauliflower!
I like your recipes. I love to cook too
I love this recipe! what is the purpose of the cauliflower?
It makes the smoothie extra creamy AND it’s an easy way to add a serving of veggies! You can leave it out if you want, but I love boosting my smoothies with more veggies! And my kids don’t even know it’s in there:)
I love strawberries and it is a very nice drink with banana.
Great delicious smoothie!
Do adults also know the cauliflower is not in there?! Such a surprising ingredient in a smoothie. I love cauliflower but not sure in a smoothie. Do you taste it?
I promise you can’t taste it! A great way to add in veggies and it makes the smoothie creamy!
I love strawberries and it is a very
Didn’t have frozen cauliflower, but otherwise made per the recipe. Turned out well. Wasn’t sweet enough for my tastes so may need to let banana ripen more or add a touch of honey next time.
Tangy, no sugar crash! Delicious I love that it has cauliflower, you don’t even taste it!!
Fast and easy. Very satisfying as an afternoon snack or dessert.
The recipe looks amazing.
Question – is the cauliflower steamed / cooked and frozen or is it raw?