Taco Salad served in Homemade Tortilla Bowls-the best way to eat taco salad!
Looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe? We’ve got you covered today! We are sharing one of our favorite weeknight meals-Taco Salad with Homemade Tortilla Bowls.
Taco salad has always been one of my favorite meals, I could eat it every night. Josh gets a little bored with taco salad though. I think it’s the salad thing. He never complains, but I can tell he isn’t thrilled when I say taco salad is on the dinner menu:) If I tell him we are having Taco Salad with Homemade Tortilla Bowls, he gets excited. It’s amazing what a simple Homemade Tortilla Bowl can do! These bowls are magic!
So how do you make these fancy schmancy bowls? It’s really easy, I promise. All you need are burrito sized flour tortillas, cooking spray, and oven safe bowls. Place the tortillas in greased oven safe bowls and bake them until crispy! They will only take about 15 minutes to crisp up.
And if you want to make the tortilla bowls extra special, you can add a little cheese! Sprinkle shredded cheese in the center of the bowls a few minutes before the bowls are done baking. The cheese gets nice and melted. No wonder Josh loves these bowls so much. Look at that cheesy goodness!
We fill our tortilla bowls with our favorite taco salad fixins’! Our favorites include: lettuce, black beans, tomato, green onion, cilantro, shredded cheese, and avocado. I also like to add a big dollop of Creamy Avocado Dip for the dressing. Go wild and add your favorite taco salad toppings. We always go the vegetarian route, but you can add chicken, beef, or pork!
Jazz up taco salad night by making Homemade Tortilla Bowls! They are fun to make and fun to eat! And the best part, you don’t have to do any dishes. You eat your bowl so clean up is a breeze!
Go bowl crazy and and make Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Ice Cream Bowls for dessert! Gotta love these edible bowls!
Taco Salad with Homemade Tortilla Bowls
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
For the tortilla bowls:
- 6 oven safe bowls
- Cooking spray
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese optional
For the taco salad:
- Black Beans rinsed, drained, and heated
- Tomatoes diced
- Green onion chopped
- Cilantro chopped
- Shredded cheese
- Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat the inside of oven safe bowls with cooking spray. Gently press tortilla inside bowl. Place bowls on two large baking sheets. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until evenly browned. If using cheese, remove tortilla bowls from oven 2-3 minutes before they are done baking. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven. Finish baking until cheese is melted. Let tortilla bowls cool in bowls for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.
- Fill the tortilla bowls with your favorite taco salad fixings! We like to use lettuce, black beans, diced tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, shredded cheese, and creamy avocado dressing.
- Note-you can make the tortilla bowls in advance. They will keep in an air tight container or Ziploc bag for up to 2 days. You can also add shredded chicken, beef, or pork!