Last week we hosted a barbeque for our good family friends. I couldn’t decide what dessert to make, so I made three:) I wanted to make sure there was something for everyone to enjoy, plus, you all know I love an excuse to bake:) I decided to make brownies, because brownies are always a hit at parties. I didn’t want to make plain chocolate brownies so I jazzed them up with Twix candy bars and caramel. I think that was the best decision I have made in a long time! These Twix Caramel Brownies take brownies to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Josh and I both love Twix candy bars. Crispy crunchy cookie, smooth creamy chocolate, and chewy caramel-what’s not to love? We don’t buy or eat candy bars very often, but I had to splurge for these brownies. I chopped up the candy bars into chunks. It was hard not to eat them right then and there, but I knew the brownies would be worth the wait:)
I stirred the Twix candy bar chunks into the rich, chocolaty brownie batter. Again, I wanted to just eat the brownie batter and Twix chunks with a big spoon, but I refrained. It sure was hard though!
I poured the batter into the pan and drizzled caramel sauce evenly over the brownies. If you want, you can use my homemade salted caramel sauce. It is SO good!
Next, I took a toothpick and swirled the caramel into the brownie batter. The brownies baked for about 40 minutes and that was the longest 40 minutes of my life. I love the smell of brownies baking and my chocolate craving was through the roof at this point. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one of these decadent brownies.
After I impatiently let the brownies cool, I cut them into squares and placed them on a platter for the barbeque. I was going to wait until the guests arrived to try one, but temptation got the best of me. I grabbed a brownie from the platter and enjoyed every single bite. The brownies are divine. The Twix candy bar chunks add a pleasant crunch to the fudgy brownies and the caramel creates tunnels of sweet, ooey, gooey, goodness. The brownies are very rich so I was satisfied with just one…for awhile. I had to have another one at the party. I didn’t want our guests to think the brownies were unsafe to eat. I had to set a good example:)
If you are looking for a simple and fun way to jazz up the traditional brownie, try this Twix Caramel Brownie recipe.
Twix Caramel Brownies
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped Twix candy bars
- ⅓ cup caramel ice cream topping or salted caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place butter in medium saucepan on the stove. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; stir until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir until combined. Stir in Twix candy bar chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Drizzle caramel evenly over the brownies. Using a toothpick, swirl caramel into brownies. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire rack. Once cool, cut into squares and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Twix Caramel Brownies, you might also like: