Peanut butter cookies loaded with oatmeal, peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces, and peanut butter cups. These are the ultimate peanut butter cookie!
This post is sponsored by Kroger.
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
If you like peanut butter, you are in for a real treat because today I am sharing the Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. Think peanut butter oatmeal cookies loaded with peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces candies, AND chopped up Reese’s peanut butter cups. Oh, yes, these cookies are peanut butter heaven!
Bring on the Candy!
I love going down the candy aisle at Smith’s to check out all of the latest and greatest candy selections, especially during Halloween time because they always have a huge selection to choose from. I stock up on candy for trick or treaters and for ME! I am too old to go trick or treating, but I am not too old to enjoy a treat!
I like to use the candy to make cookies. Two sweets are always better than one:) Plus, the candy makes the cookies super festive. These are the perfect cookies for Halloween, fall, or really anytime. If you are craving peanut butter, these cookies will for sure cure your craving!
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie Tips
Who’s ready to get baking? My hand is raised! Here are a few tips to guarantee your cookies turn out perfect every single time!
- Use old fashioned oats, not quick oats.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature, but NOT melted or too soft. If your butter is too soft, your cookies will spread out.
- Use regular creamy peanut butter, not natural peanut butter. I used Kroger brand, it’s always a great price!
- Cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter together until smooth. I like to use a stand mixer, but a hand held mixer works great too!
- When you add the dry ingredients, mix on low until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips (you can find these in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips at your Kroger store), Reese’s Pieces, and chopped up peanut butter cups.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are lightly browned around the edges, but still soft in the middle. Don’t over bake.
- Pretty tip! When the cookies come out of the oven, you can gently press additional Reese’s Pieces and chopped peanut butter cups on top of the cookies to make them extra pretty. This step is optional, but I always do this:) I also add a little sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie
The peanut butter oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy, and LOADED with peanut butter goodness. I love all of the different textures going on…crisp and crunchy Reese’s Pieces, melty peanut butter cups, and peanut butter explosion from the peanut butter chips!
Peanut butter perfection indeed! These really are the ultimate peanut butter cookies. Pro tip-have a glass of cold milk nearby! There is nothing better than cookies and milk!
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes:
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup peanut butter chips
- ¾ cup Reese’s Pieces
- ¾ cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Flake sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Line two large baking sheet with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together until creamy and smooth, on medium speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, if necessary. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low until just until the combined. Don't over mix. Gently stir in the peanut butter chips, Reese's Pieces, and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Scoop the cookies into round balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie, and place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches in between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges, but still soft in the middle.
- Remove cookies from oven and sprinkle the cookies with sea salt. You can also gently press additional chips, candies, and peanut butter cups on top of the cookies to make them look extra pretty. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes or until set. When set, transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod