Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cookies – vegan cookies made with avocado and coconut oil instead of butter. These thick, rich, and fudgy vegan cookies are amazing, and you’d never know had avocado in them!
Avocados are the perfect food. I love using them to make guacamole, salads, mac and cheese, and sandwiches. I also love using them to bake cookies! I am sure you just said COOKIES??? out loud. Yes, cookies. I recently made chocolate Vegan Cookies with avocados and they are incredible. Actually, they are beyond incredible. They are the best chocolate cookies I have had in a long time. No joke!
Easy Vegan Cookies
Instead of using butter I used mashed up avocado and coconut oil. Two healthy fats team up to create an amazing cookie! I am telling you, you will never know there is avocado in these cookies. I kind of feel bad saying that because I love avocado and don’t mind inviting an avocado to my cookie party. But just in case you are worried the avocado will interfere with the decadent chocolate taste, go ahead and breath a sigh of relief because these chocolate vegan cookies are divine!
Look at that beauty! Avocados make me happy, especially when they create such healthy vegan cookies. You aren’t going to miss the butter at all!
Vegan Cookies with Double Chocolate
For these vegan cookies, there are no eggs involved, either. I used almond milk to create a moist dough and it worked beautifully. And to get the rich chocolate flavor, I used Dutch processed cocoa AND vegan chocolate chips. Double the chocolate, double the fun!
These easy vegan cookies are crazy good! I can’t say it enough! The cookies are thick, rich, and fudgy! You only need one cookie to cure your chocolate craving. These cookies are a chocolate powerhouse!
If you need a chocolate fix, I highly recommend you bake a batch of Chocolate Vegan Avocado Cookies. They are a chocolate lover’s dream!
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Healthy No-Bake Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the coconut oil, avocado, and sugars together until creamy and smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low, add half of the flour mixture. Add the milk and then add the remaining dry ingredients. Mix until the flour disappears. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form cookie dough into tablespoon balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand or a spatula. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod