Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies – rich, fudgy, chocolate cookies that are rolled in coconut! You will never know these cookies are vegan, they are SO good!
Cookies that Make you Eat Them!
Are you ready for another cookie recipe? I sure hope so, becasue these Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies are calling your name. And trust me, when they call out to you, you listen. I made a batch and they wouldn’t stop shouting my name. They insisted that I eat them! Every time I walked past the cookie container on the counter, I could hear these chocolate coconut cookies begging me to eat them. So, I did! I ate them until they were all gone. Gotta listen to the cookies:)
And don’t let “vegan cookies” scare you, I promise they are SO good! The cookies are super rich and fudgy. One chocolate coconut cookie will certainly satisfy your chocolate craving, but because they are so good, I kept eating them. I have no self-control when it comes to cookies. Plus, they kept calling my name! I think they even started singing a few Maria songs. I love that there are so many songs made just for me:)
How to Make the Cookies Vegan
The chocolate coconut combo is amazing! I used coconut oil and Almond Breeze’s Almondmilk Coconutmilk Original to make the cookies. The milk gives the cookies a hint of coconut flavor and keeps them super moist and fudgy without using any eggs. For an extra kick of coconut, I rolled the cookies in coconut before baking them. The coconut made the cookies pretty too and I am all about pretty! I promise you won’t be able to tell these chocolate coconut cookies are vegan. They are a chocolate lover’s dream!
Stop and listen closely. Do you hear that? See, I told you! The cookies are calling your name! You better go make a batch of Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies right now! Don’t blame me, blame the cookies:) Enjoy!
If you like this vegan cookie recipe, you might also like:
- Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Rich, fudgy, chocolate cookies that are rolled in coconut! These vegan cookies are amazing!
Yield: 25 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/3 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Original
1 1/4 cups sweetened flake coconut, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine beat sugars together until combined. With the mixer running, pour in the coconut oil. Beat on medium-high until well combined. Add the vanilla and coconut extract and beat until smooth.
4. Add the flour mixture in two batches, alternately with the coconut milk, with the mixer on low. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut.
5. Form dough into balls, using a cookie scoop or spoon. Roll dough balls in the remaining coconut. Slightly press the coconut into the balls if it isn’t sticking. Place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until the cookies are set around the edges, but soft in the center. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Note-you can make this dough in advance. It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Almond Breeze, but our opinions are our own.