Vegan Ice Cream – I ditched the cream for to make coconut milk ice cream, resulting in a dreamy Vegan Ice Cream swirled with raspberries. The bonus: you only need 4 ingredients to make this Vegan Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream.
Summer Heat Antidote: Vegan Ice Cream
The heat has been ruthless this summer. The 100 degree temperature days have been hanging around for far too long. It is hard to cool down, even with our AC running non-stop. I decided to make Vegan Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream to help us cool down. If you ask me, there is no better way to cool down than ice cream! It always does the trick!
Coconut Milk Ice Cream
I have a little confession, this technically isn’t ice cream because there is no cream involved, but don’t worry, you won’t miss it. Instead of using cream, I used coconut milk. It is creamy and gives the “ice cream” the perfect coconut flavor.
I use Thai brand coconut milk. You can find it in the Asian section at most grocery stores. I also chill it before combining it with the other ingredients. I just put the cans right in the fridge the night before I want to make the coconut milk ice cream.
Four-Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream
There are only four ingredients in this recipe: coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and raspberries. That is it! This recipe is easy peasy!
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries, but I opted for fresh since they are so good right now. Plus, I found some on sale. Score!!
To Freeze or Eat? Eat.
You can serve the Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream right after it is done churning for soft serve ice cream or you can place it in the freezer to harden up. I never can wait for it to freeze, so I always have at least one scoop right from the ice cream maker. It is good both ways though! The coconut and raspberry combo is dreamy! Plus, this ice cream is so pretty! I took way too many photos of this vegan ice cream, but I couldn’t stop snapping the photos. The ice cream started melting on me so I decided it was time to grab the bowl and start eating:)
Escape the summer heat with a bowl of Vegan Ice Cream! This four-ingredient ice cream is simple to make and a great treat for summer!
If you like this vegan ice cream recipe, you might also like:
- Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Banana Nutella Ice Cream
Vegan Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream
- 2 13.66 oz cans chilled Thai coconut milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- Place the coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Freeze using an ice cream maker, according to manufacture's instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the raspberries. You can serve immediately for a soft serve texture or you can place the ice cream in a container and freeze for a firmer texture.
- Note-I place the cans of coconut milk in the fridge the night before or a few hours before I make the ice cream. If you don't have chilled coconut milk, you can always place the ice cream mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes before churning up the ice cream. I like Thai coconut milk, you can find it in the Asian aisle at most grocery stores.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod