How to make banana ice cream with only TWO ingredients! This healthy ice cream is a favorite dessert at our house and it is good for you! You will love this “nice” cream!
Freeze Those Brown Bananas
Brown spotted bananas were sitting on our counter, staring me down. I tried to ignore them, but they kept haunting me. It seems like I can never eat bananas fast enough. They always turn brown and beg me to put them to good use. I usually bake banana bread, banana cookies, banana cake, or use them in a smoothie. This time I decided to turn them into ice cream since it is so hot outside. I used the popular “One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream” recipe, but added peanut butter, creating a Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream.
How To Make Banana Ice Cream
I was a little skeptical about this recipe. How could two ingredients create a smooth and creamy ice cream? There is no cream, milk, eggs, or even sugar involved. I was willing to give it a try though. I had to use up my brown bananas!
I sliced up four ripe bananas and put them on a large plate. I put them in the freezer and let them chill until they were frozen-about two hours.
I put the frozen banana slices in my Blendtec blender. If you don’t have a super powerful blender, use a food processor. The blender or food processor needs to be powerful to puree the frozen banana slices. It will take some work from the machine:)
I pulverized the banana slices for a few minutes, scraping down the sides a few times. Then I blended them again. The bananas will take some time to reach an ice cream texture, so be patient. When the bananas were smooth and creamy, I added in the peanut butter and blended the mixture one more time. I was amazed at the rich and silky texture. I grabbed a spoon and tasted the banana peanut butter ice cream and I was amazed. It was the best peanut butter banana ice cream I have ever tasted. I can’t believe I created this heavenly ice cream with only two ingredients. Plus, you don’t even need an ice cream maker to make this recipe. This recipe really is magical!
Frozen Banana Ice Cream
If you are looking for a new way to use up your ripe bananas, try this Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream. The recipe is super simple to make and no one will ever know there are only two ingredients involved. I love that this Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream is healthy too! I am going to be dishing up this ice cream all summer long!
More Ice Cream Recipes
- 2-Ingredient Nutella Banana Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie
Two-Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Prep Time
- 2 hours
- Total Time
- 2 hours
- 4 large very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch discs. Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender. Puree banana slices, scraping down the bowl as needed. Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and puree to combine. Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream consistency. If you prefer harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours and then serve.
- *Note-if you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to help puree the banana slices. Make sure you use a powerful food processor or blender!