Asian Quinoa Salad
I’m kind of obsessed with quinoa salads. I can’t get enough. A few quinoa salads I love include: Greek Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Fruit Salad, Quinoa Salad with Mango, Avocado, & Tomatoes, and Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Avocado, & Lemon Basil Dressing.
Last week I was in the mood for a quinoa salad, but wanted to try something new, so I mixed up an Asian Quinoa Salad and my oh my it’s amazing! This one tops the charts! You’ve gotta try it!
I love this salad because it’s tasty and healthy, but I also love it because it’s pretty! I love all of the bright colors. The salad has red cabbage, edamame, carrots, red pepper, cucumbers, and cilantro. Eating the rainbow has never been so delicious! And if you need to clean out your vegetable drawer, feel free to throw in other veggies too! This salad is flexible.
I made a simple ginger soy dressing with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onion, and sesame seeds. If you need the salad to be gluten-free make sure you use tamari instead of soy sauce because not all soy sauce is gluten-free. Just a little FYI:)
This Asian Quinoa Salad is fresh, light, and perfect for a simple lunch or dinner. This salad is great for entertaining because it can be made in advance and it’s gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian. I love having options for all of guests. And our little pea loved this salad too! Caleb kept picking out edamame and yelling “Ed-mommy!” This salad was a hit with the entire family.
If you are looking for a new way to cook up quinoa, try this Asian Quinoa Salad. It is my new favorite and I think you will like it too!
Asian Quinoa Salad
This bright and healthy Asian Quinoa Salad is great for an easy lunch or dinner. It is also great to take to parties! It is always a hit!
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the cabbage, edamame, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine.
Note-Make sure you use tamari for a gluten-free salad, not all soy sauce is gluten-free. This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!