Berry Banana Smoothie Recipe

Berry Banana Smoothie Recipe

It has been another crazy week for me. I was out of town for work and now I am very behind in life. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever catch up. I hope to make progress this weekend, but I also want to play. It is finally supposed to be sunny in Utah and I can’t wait.

Fridays are my day off from work. To celebrate, I like to treat myself to a fruit smoothie. I usually start my Fridays with Body Pump or Body Combat. After class, I blend up a refreshing smoothie. Smoothies are a great post workout treat.

I use our homemade yogurt as the base and throw in whatever fruits we have on hand. When fruit is on sale, I buy extra so I can freeze some for smoothies. I like using frozen fruit because it makes the smoothie thicker. You can use fresh fruit, just throw in some ice cubes to thicken it up.

For this smoothie, I used frozen blueberries, banana, and strawberries. I always add a splash of skim or soy milk to help the blender do it’s work. This breakfast treat blends up in no time.¬† Sometimes I make a double batch and keep half of it in the freezer. When I am in a rush, I pull the smoothie out of the freezer and let it defrost while I get ready. I grab my smoothie and a straw on my way out the door and enjoy a healthy breakfast without any fuss.

This smoothie is very berrylicious! Make it for breakfast, a snack, or even enjoy it for dessert.

Berry Banana Smoothie

Yield: Serves 1

1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use our homemade yogurt)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
5 frozen strawberries
Splash of skim or soy milk

1. Add the yogurt, blueberries, banana, and strawberries into the blender. If you aren't using frozen fruit, throw in a couple of ice cubes.
2. Add in a splash of skim or soy milk. Place the blender lid on tightly. Puree smoothie until it is smooth and creamy. I like my smoothies thick, if you prefer a thinner smoothie, add more milk and puree for a little longer.
3. Enjoy!

If you like this smoothie, you might also like:

Strawberry Banana Smoothie from For the Love of Cooking
Mango Orange Smoothie from Savory Sweet Life
Granola Berry Smoothie from In Jennie’s Kitchen
Raspberry Smoothie from Elana’s Pantry

74 Responses to “Berry Banana Smoothie Recipe”

Paula — April 10, 2010 @ 11:44 am

Ohhhhh, this looks so delicious. Between you and Amanda @ http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/ I have to start a fav’s folder just for smoothie recipes. Thank you for posting. Also going to try your lemon squares…I love lemon squares!

Tickled Red — April 10, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

That is so yummy :) I know how you feel…I seem to live in the land of catchup.

Amanda — April 10, 2010 @ 7:40 pm

Sounds wonderful! I’ve just started mixing smoothies again after a long stint without them. Used to make them daily and got out of the habit.

Emily — April 11, 2010 @ 1:36 am

Oh my gosh, this looks amazing. I’d definitely use soymilk for this. I’m lovin’ vanilly soymilk lately.

megan — April 11, 2010 @ 9:05 am

I miss my blender berry much, I really do need to buy a new one. This looks berry delicious. (giggle)

Jennifer — April 11, 2010 @ 11:12 am

This is similar to my standby smoothie after my workouts- greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder and berries! YUM!

Love my workouts and love delicious fruity smoothies as well. Nice post, Yogurt berry smoothies are one of my favorites. Glad to hear it is warming up out your way :) xo

Jewel — April 11, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

It’s was great! Thanks for the comment.

Lesley Lifting Life — April 11, 2010 @ 4:42 pm

Mmm, that smoothie looks PERFECT for this beautiful weather we’ve been having! :)

Veggie Belly — April 11, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

yum! looks so healthy and refreshing.

Megan — April 11, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

I feel like I am ALWAYS trying to catch up on life. Does it ever happen? Sigh.

I make smoothies just like you do! I love using Silk, berries, and yogurt. If I feel a little indulgent, I’ll use chocolate Silk, a frozen banana, yogurt, and pb!

lynn @ the actors diet — April 11, 2010 @ 10:28 pm

i’m glad it’s getting closer to smoothie season for me again…

Amy — April 12, 2010 @ 4:27 pm

Oh, that looks so good! I am always looking for new smoothies to add to post-workout routine. I bought some protein powder to throw in and it has made a world of difference in how I feel after working out. My husband makes so much fun of me- I think he thinks I am going to turn into the Hulk or something :) I can’t wait to try this recipe! Thank you so much for your comment today- it made my day!!

• twopeas replied: — April 12th, 2010 @ 4:36 pm

Amy-I will have to add some protein powder to my smoothie. I am still searching for a good one. Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa — April 13, 2010 @ 11:13 am

I put the same ingredients into a smoothie for my kids to give them a nice protein boost before school. What a great idea to freeze the banana! I’m on it!

Cari — April 16, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Yummy! And so perfect for the warm weather that will be arriving soon! I’d love to feature this smoothie on my site, http://www.canigettherecipe.com with full credits and links back to you if you are keen! Please let me know!

16. Pingback: Easy Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe

17. Pingback: Strawberry Limeade | Two Peas and Their Pod

The Italian Dish — January 6, 2011 @ 7:36 am

I love this. You make fruit smoothies like I do! My favorite healthy drink.

Shanna ~ My Favorite Everything — January 6, 2011 @ 8:33 am

I’m for sure in catch mode every hour of everyday! But I love frozen berry smoothies and this looks delicious!

Victor @ Random Cuisine — January 6, 2011 @ 8:38 am

Most of us are pretty much in your situation. I even have a hard time keeping up with all my research projects.

I haven’t made smoothie yet. Looks very delicious!

Judy — January 2, 2012 @ 8:45 am

I freeze my yogurt wen I find it on sale and then there is no need to add ice cubes if you don’t want it watered down.

Vicky A — January 14, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

Almond milk would make a good replacement for dairy or soy milk. Tastier and healthier for those of us who are sensitive to soy and dairy. Adding 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cardamom would really make these flavors pop.

23. Pingback: I might try this and add a little bit of a twist. :) - - Network Panda – cPanel Web hosting, PHP, MySQL, unlimited disk space and bandwidth

Lauren — May 30, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Just made it- delicious! Mine came out a little tart but after I added a little Spelda, iyt was perfect! Thank you!

Pamela Heiligenthal @ Enobytes — September 19, 2012 @ 8:35 pm

I guess it would be a moot point to find a wine pairing :) Love smoothies, looking forward to taking the recipe for a spin!

26. Pingback: Healthy Valentine's Treats: 18 Fresh Food Ideas for an All-natural School Party » School Bites

27. Pingback: Healthy Valentine’s Snacks For Kids « Those Young Moms

Brody — July 17, 2013 @ 11:01 pm

I made it doubling up on everything and using Fage 2% greek yogurt and pureeing for three minutes. Unfortunately, it came out with too much of a plain yogurt taste. I might suggest usig only 3/4 of the called for yogurt, although it may be less frothy, it would have a stronger fruit taste.

29. Pingback: 15 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss

KC — February 8, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

Just made it… Very delicious.

31. Pingback: MacGourmet Recipe Batch: Smoothies | ZeynepGoral.com