Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
I didn’t make any healthy eating resolutions, but since most people do, I have laid off the cookies. I didn’t want to tempt anyone by posting a cookie recipe. Well, it’s the middle of January and I can’t wait any longer. If you are still going strong on your resolution, ignore me. Or maybe listen because these Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies have NO butter.
That’s right, there is no butter in the recipe, only coconut oil. And there is oatmeal, so these cookies are totally healthy. Sure, there is plenty of sugar, but I am counting them as healthy. New Years, Schmoo Years! It’s time for a cookie!
I’ve missed making a baking mess in our kitchen. There is something comforting about Gold Medal Flour everywhere and a sink full of dirty dishes. So maybe the comforting feeling of dirty dishes doesn’t last long, but these cookies are worth it. And that is what Josh is for. He’s a pretty handsome dish washer:)
If you have’t baked with coconut oil before, you are missing out. Run to the store and buy some. I buy Coconut Oil at Trader Joe’s. It is cheap and I love their brand. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s, I am so sorry. Salt Lake City just recently got one and I want to move in. Love that store! Most stores carry coconut oil, so don’t worry. You can still find it.
Back to baking. The coconut oil is heavenly in these cookies. I am a butter lover, but I don’t miss it in these cookies. I added in shredded coconut to enhance the coconut flavor. The coconut smell is intoxicating!
The cookies are more on the simple side, but in a good way. The coconut flavor will transport you to a tropical island. And don’t we all need to be on a tropical island right now? Oh, wait…we are on our way to Hawaii right now. Wish you could all join us. Next time:)
Until then, make a batch of Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies and enter coconut bliss!
Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chewy coconut cookies made with coconut oil, coconut, and oatmeal. Coconut lovers will go crazy for these cookies.
2 3/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut oil (measured solid), melted and slightly cooled
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1 cup quick oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream together the sugar, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the oatmeal and coconut.
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set and slightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
If you like these Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies, you might also like:
- Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- To Die For Coconut Cookies from Skinnytaste
- Coconut White Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Mini Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies from How Sweet It Is
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own. We love Gold Medal Flour and use Gold Medal Flour in all of our recipes. Check out our Farm to Table Event in Kansas City with Gold Medal Flour.