Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies
We don’t have a garden this year, but that doesn’t mean our kitchen counters are not covered with zucchini. Luckily, we have neighbors and friends who happily share. I love zucchini and always welcome it with open arms.
Over the weekend, I put the zucchini to good use by baking cookies. Don’t act surprised, you had to see that one coming. You know I am obsessed with cookies! I’ve made zucchini cookies before, but not chocolate zucchini cookies. Chocolate lovers turn on your ovens because these Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies are terrific with a capitol T!
Now, if you are thinking zucchini shouldn’t belong in a cookie, think again. The zucchini is hidden by the rich chocolate flavor. These cookies are super fudgy-they remind me of a decadent brownie, but in cookie form.
The cookies are soft and moist with a cake like texture-thanks to the zucchini and Greek yogurt. Yep, I added Chobani Greek yogurt to the cookies, again, you won’t be able to tell it’s there! The Dutch process cocoa and chocolate chips give these cookies an intense chocolate flavor. You will be begging for a glass of milk…and another cookie!
Don’t let your zucchini go to waste, whip up a batch of Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies! If you are looking for other zucchini recipes, check out these 35 Zucchini Recipes. Lots of ideas to help you use up that garden zucchini!
Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies
These Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies are a great way to use up your garden zucchini! Chocolate fans will love these cookies!
Yield: 18-20 cookies
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani 0%)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars. The mixture will be thick and resemble sand-that's ok. Add the yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
3. Add flour mixture, stirring until moist. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes or until cookies are firm. Remove cookies from sheet and cool completely on wire racks.
Note-I squeeze the shredded zucchini in a paper towel and pat dry to remove the excess water before using.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies, you might also like:
- Zucchini Cookies from My Baking Addiction
- Zucchini Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Dried Cranberries from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Zucchini Snickers Cookies from i am baker
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies from Two Peas and Their Pod