This easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe is moist, chocolaty, and will remind you of your favorite chocolate cake. You will never know it is made with a vegetable!
First of all, thank you for your overwhelming positive response to our BIG news! We are SO excited and hope you will all join us!
Tis the season for lots and lots of ZUCCHINI! This is my favorite time of year because I LOVE zucchini, it is one of my favorite vegetables. I love zoodles, eating zucchini in salads, grilling it, and baking with zucchini. You can find my favorite zucchini recipes here.
I recently made the most epic Chocolate Zucchini Bread and it’s definitely going on the favorite list. It is the BEST! It will remind you of my Chocolate Banana Bread…if you’ve made it, you know it is AMAZING. This version is made with zucchini and it is just as good!
I don’t know who invented baking with zucchini, but they deserve a medal. If I could meet them, I would give them a giant hug. Zucchini in baked goods is genius! Baking with zucchini is probably my favorite way to enjoy zucchini because you all know I have a major sweet tooth. BUT you don’t have to feel guilty about eating a sweet treat when zucchini is involved because you are eating a vegetable!
I love sneaking zucchini into all of my baked goods, especially during the summer months when it is exploding in the garden and on everyone’s front porch:)
This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is guaranteed to be your new favorite zucchini recipe. You will be begging your neighbors for more zucchini so you can make multiple loaves of this bread. It is crazy good!
So what makes this Chocolate Zucchini Bread so good?
- It is made with cocoa powder AND chocolate chips. Double the chocolate, double the fun! There are chocolate chips in the bread and on top!
- The bread is super moist. I use eggs, melted butter, oil, and zucchini. All of the ingredients come together to create a flavorful and moist bread.
- The zucchini bread is easy to make. You don’t need a mixer and can have it in the oven in no time.
- Your house will smell amazing while it is baking.
- This easy chocolate zucchini bread will remind you of your favorite chocolate cake. Don’t be afraid to eat a slice with ice cream. You can thank me later for that tip:)
You are going to fall in love with this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread! Even if you think you don’t like zucchini, make this bread. It will change your mind. Zucchini has never tasted so good!
If you like this Chocolate Zucchini Bread, you might also like:
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- Classic Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Brownies
- Banana Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Zucchini Coconut Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 50 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup canola vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add the eggs, melted butter, oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Stir until smooth. You might have a few small brown sugar clumps and that is fine.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Stir in the shredded zucchini until just combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter.
Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.
Note-if you use coconut oil, make sure it is melted and slightly cooled. The bread will keep on the counter, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 4 days. This bread also freezes well. To freeze, cool the bread completely and wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before slicing.
chocolate zucchini bread, zucchini bread