Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests
Thanks everyone for your kind comments on our e-cookbook, Cookie Cravings. We are thrilled so many of you are already enjoying the book and baking the recipes. We had so much fun putting the book together and of course sampling the cookies along the way! For all of the details, visit our cookbook page and don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a 7-quart KitchenAid Mixer!
Spring has sprung and Easter is right around the corner, so today I am sharing a cookie recipe for, Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests. The cookies are easy and fun to make, Josh actually made the cookies and I decorated them. We make a great team:) The coconut nests are super cute and the Nutella center is divine!
We used our favorite coconut macaroon recipe to make the cookies. Josh shaped the macaroons into little bird nests and baked them until they were slightly golden brown. After the macaroons cooled, I got to decorate them! If you have children, get them to help you decorate the nests. It is a ton of fun. I know I had a good time playing with Nutella and candy:)
I spooned a big blob of Nutella into the centers of the nests and topped the Nutella with candy eggs. I used M&M’s Speck-tacular Eggs, but feel free to use your favorite Easter candy. Cadbury Mini Eggs or Robin Eggs would also be good. Oh, how I love Easter candy!
Make these Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests for Easter this year. They would be a great addition to any Easter basket or a great treat to place at each place setting for Easter brunch of dinner. They are almost too pretty and cute to eat-almost:)
Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests
Yield: 10 nests
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17-20 minutes
Coconut cookie nests filled with Nutella and Easter egg candies. These cookies are perfect for Spring and Easter.
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1 cup Nutella
M&M Speck-tacular Eggs (or other Easter candy)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.
3. With a spoon, scoop up about 2 Tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird nest. Press down the center with your thumb.
4. Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and press your thumb down in the center of the nests again. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
5. Place about a tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each nest. Place 3 egg candies in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.
Note-you can make these 2-3 days in advance. Store in an air tight container on the counter.
If you like these Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests, you might also like:
- Sweet Bird’s Nests from Bake at 350
- Bird’s Nest Cupcakes from Cooking Classy
- Homemade Marshmallow Nests from Sophistimom
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs from Two Peas and Their Pod