Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com An easy and healthy dip!

Avocados and Greek yogurt (and cookies) are staples in my diet. I can’t live without them. I usually eat a yogurt in the morning or mix it in with my Green Smoothie. I love avocados in any form-guacamole grilled cheese sandwichavocado pasta,  salads, and even ice cream. I am an avocado fanatic! I combined my two favorites to make this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip. This dip makes a great party appetizer or every day snack.

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip Recipe on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com

This dip is so easy to make. I wonder why I don’t make it every day. Oh wait, I know why, it is because I have no self control and would eat the entire bowl all by myself, plus the giant bag of pita chips. We always buy the huge bag of pita chips at Costco or Sam’s Club-we have to because it is a good deal, right? Just like I have to keep eating them until they are gone:) There really should be an addiction warning label on the bag!

Anyways, to make the dip I combined plain Chobani Greek yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, lime, and ground cumin in our Blendtec blender and mixed until smooth. I seasoned it with salt and pepper, grabbed my pita chips, and got dipping. This dip is also great with tortilla tips, cut up veggies, or even great as a sandwich spread. The dip tastes similar to guacamole, but really creamy and really, really delicious! And the dip is green so it is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day next week! You don’t even have to get out the green food coloring:)

I hope you enjoy this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip as much as I do. It is one of my favorite healthy dips to make and eat!

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com Great for parties or snack time!

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Yield: Serves 4

This healthy Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip is simple to make and is great for parties or snack time. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up vegetables.

1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving

1. Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

2. Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.

If you like this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip, you might also like:

211 Responses to “Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip”

Jenn — July 3, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

lol, obviously I couldn’t choose between Love this and Looks great:)

2. Pingback: creamy avocado yogurt dip « mackenzie lorene

Amanda — July 5, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

Oh my gosh, this is fantastic guacamole. Huge fan of greek yogourt so this is perfect! and I would eat the whole thing if i made it and didnt have guests, thank you SO much!

Lee — July 7, 2012 @ 12:52 pm

I made this tonight for my family and it was fantastic! We first had it as an appetizer with baby carrots, radishes, and pita chips for dipping. Then I made Southwest Burgers for dinner, and used the leftover dip as a spread – no need for cheese or any other condiment. So delicious! Thanks so mucho for the great recipe – it will quickly become a staple in my household.

Stephanie — July 10, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

What are the nutritional facts for this recipe??

• Two Peas replied: — July 10th, 2012 @ 10:58 pm

Sorry I don’t do nutritional information for our recipes.

6. Pingback: Itz WIAW! | Itz Linz

7. Pingback: Swoon, Howl, Steal, Drool, Mix, Sigh. « Covet Living

8. Pingback: Itz WIAW! | Itz Linz

Mehnoush — July 19, 2012 @ 3:08 pm

Thanks so much for this recipe! I did it and everybody loved it ;) looks and tastes so Yummy :)

• Two Peas replied: — July 20th, 2012 @ 8:44 am

Glad you liked the dip!

10. Pingback: Haute + Healthy Girls Night In, Southwestern Style. | haute + healthy

Shan — July 28, 2012 @ 11:16 am

This looks delish!! Can’t wait to try. This may be a dumb question but I was wondering how long this dip will last if I bring it to a party- will the avacados turn the dip brown? Sorry for my lack of avacados knowledge- I can’t wait to make this!

• Two Peas replied: — July 28th, 2012 @ 11:38 am

The lime juice should keep the dip from turning brown. Enjoy!

Becki — July 29, 2012 @ 8:36 am

Whipped this up last night because I needed a quick appetizer for a small gathering. It was gone in a snap. Next time I’ll make more–it was great, and so easy.

kitchen essence — August 8, 2012 @ 2:37 am

I’m making this tomorrow, I’m sure it will taste fab!
    Do you mind if I put it onto my food blog?

maria — August 8, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

This look so delicious, am going to make this for my work on friday for a birthday party, I will let you know how everyone like it, thank you for shaaring

J — August 16, 2012 @ 9:20 am

I would like to make this, for a party. How far, in advance, can I make it? Will it brown? Thanks!

• Two Peas replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

You can make it a few hours in advance. The lime keeps it from browning. I keep it in the fridge for a few days and it is fine to eat, but I would make it fresh for a party:)

Barb — August 16, 2012 @ 9:41 am

I found this recipe on Pinterest. Super easy and really tasty. Love the creamy texture. Excellent served with pita chips. Thanks for sharing!

17. Pingback: Five Healthy Dips | Totally Love It

18. Pingback: Ingredients, Inc.8 Healthy Gluten-FreeTailgating Recipes

19. Pingback: Day 42! ( So far, so good!) « Lettuce Blog

Kimberly — September 5, 2012 @ 7:14 pm

Thank goodness this was the first recipe that popped up when I googled “yogurt dip”!!! And thank goodness I had all the ingredients on hand!

21. Pingback: 50 Football Party Recipes | chef in training

22. Pingback: homemade yummy hummus = yummus! | Day-By-Day Organization

23. Pingback: Weekly Roundup 9.22.12 | The Average Girl's Guide

Jessica — September 23, 2012 @ 9:32 pm

I gave made this several times now, and everyone LOVES it.

Arizona — September 25, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

I love avocado! It’s perfect!

Jen — September 30, 2012 @ 7:23 pm

How does this keep? Des it get brown. I really want to try it, but I am watching what I eat so I know I can’t eat the entire thing at once… Or rather shouldn’t ;-)

Barb — October 12, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

Found this on Pinterest, thanks for sharing! Super easy to make and really tasty. Love the creamy texture. Excellent served with pita chips.

joe — October 13, 2012 @ 8:57 am

look great and delicious.

29. Pingback: Fave Five Friday : Healthy Greek Yogurt Recipes @ Nutritionist in the Kitch

Karen Manasco — November 3, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

Just made this, and it is very creamy, smooth and fresh! I will add, though, that when the recipe calls for fresh lime juice, try to abide. I mistakenly thought I could get away with using ReaLime. NOT the same at all in this great dip. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Loved it!

31. Pingback: Creamy avocado dip « Naive cook cooks

Katrina Nelson — November 15, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

How long do you think this would keep if refrigerated?

33. Pingback: Chobani Greek Yogurt Giveaway | Chobani Yogurt | Two Peas & Their Pod

34. Pingback: File it Friday: Photo Candle Holder, Chalkboard Gift Tags + More

35. Pingback: PinLaVie... Make your pins come true – Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Locaholic — December 11, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

Made this today – so tasty! The cumin adds a nice twist and goes perfectly with the Greek yogurt.

37. Pingback: Naughty or Nice | CHAARG

38. Pingback: Avocado Cilantro Dip and Baked Pita Chips | Who needs a diet?

Jenn T — December 30, 2012 @ 9:30 pm

Seriously yummy! I would add the green chilis to this to give it a little extra kick :)

40. Pingback: Last-Minute Party Dips | Bake Your Day