Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com An easy and healthy dip!

Avocados and Greek yogurt (and cookies) are staples in my diet. I can’t live without them. I usually eat a yogurt in the morning or mix it in with my Green Smoothie. I love avocados in any form-guacamole grilled cheese sandwichavocado pasta,  salads, and even ice cream. I am an avocado fanatic! I combined my two favorites to make this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip. This dip makes a great party appetizer or every day snack.

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip Recipe on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com

This dip is so easy to make. I wonder why I don’t make it every day. Oh wait, I know why, it is because I have no self control and would eat the entire bowl all by myself, plus the giant bag of pita chips. We always buy the huge bag of pita chips at Costco or Sam’s Club-we have to because it is a good deal, right? Just like I have to keep eating them until they are gone:) There really should be an addiction warning label on the bag!

Anyways, to make the dip I combined plain Greek yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, lime, and ground cumin in our Blendtec blender and mixed until smooth. I seasoned it with salt and pepper, grabbed my pita chips, and got dipping. This dip is also great with tortilla tips, cut up veggies, or even great as a sandwich spread. The dip tastes similar to guacamole, but really creamy and really, really delicious! And the dip is green so it is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day next week! You don’t even have to get out the green food coloring:)

I hope you enjoy this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip as much as I do. It is one of my favorite healthy dips to make and eat!

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com Great for parties or snack time!

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Yield: Serves 4

Total Time: 10 minutes

This healthy Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip is simple to make and is great for parties or snack time. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up vegetables.

1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving

1. Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

2. Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.

If you like this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip, you might also like:

Yum Pin It

227 Responses to “Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip”

1. Pingback: Chobani Greek Yogurt Giveaway | Chobani Yogurt | Two Peas & Their Pod

2. Pingback: File it Friday: Photo Candle Holder, Chalkboard Gift Tags + More

3. Pingback: PinLaVie... Make your pins come true – Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

4. Locaholic — December 11, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

Made this today – so tasty! The cumin adds a nice twist and goes perfectly with the Greek yogurt.

5. Pingback: Naughty or Nice | CHAARG

6. Pingback: Avocado Cilantro Dip and Baked Pita Chips | Who needs a diet?

7. Jenn T — December 30, 2012 @ 9:30 pm

Seriously yummy! I would add the green chilis to this to give it a little extra kick :)

8. Pingback: Last-Minute Party Dips | Bake Your Day

9. Pingback: 75 Healthy Recipes to Kick Off 2013 | Healthy Recipes | Two Peas & Their Pod

10. Pingback: My pre-fat loss challenge prep

11. Pingback: Sixty Days to Sexy » Greek Yogurt Recipes

12. Pingback: 45 Healthy Recipes for the New Year.

13. Pingback: Menus on Mondays: Low Calorie Menu Plan - Mom Favorites

14. Lana — January 6, 2013 @ 11:45 pm

I made it today and it was awesome, very light. Didn’t change anything in the recipe.

15. Pingback: Healthy Avocado Yogurt Dip Recipe

16. Pingback: backtoorganic.com – Creamy Avocado Lime Dip

17. Pingback: Fun Food: Gluten-Free Super Bowl Line-Up | annumography

18. Pingback: Double Dip: Avocado Feta Dip and Spinach Onion Dip « Rarely Fancy

19. Beth — February 12, 2013 @ 10:51 am

I found this on Pinterest over the weekend and I must say….this is amazing. I was so thrilled to have all the ingredients on hand. I halved the recipe since it was just me, and I ate the entire amount. I have a blog that I review Pinterest recipes and have your website linked to the recipe! Thanks for sharing, it is now my go to guacamole/avocado dip.

20. Pingback: HAUTEbyDaniCee

21. Pingback: Mardi Gras Triplet Baby Shower |

22. Lisa @ Wine & Glue — February 28, 2013 @ 9:45 pm

Wanted to give you the heads up to this: http://www.quickneasyrecipes.net/creamy-avocado-yogurt-dip/

23. Two Peas — February 28, 2013 @ 10:26 pm

Thank you! I will try to get them to remove it!

24. Pingback: geek yogurt - London Moms

25. Pingback: 10 Healthy and Green St. Patrick’s Day Foods Your Kids Will Love | Nourish Rhinebeck

26. Jessica — March 10, 2013 @ 5:11 pm

This is the best dip I’ve ever made – and the easiest too!

27. Pingback: Avocado Feta Dip | Easy Avocado Dip | Two Peas & Their Pod

28. Pingback: All-Natural Food Ideas for a Healthy St. Patrick's Day School Party

29. Jamie — March 22, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

OMG this is beyond AMAZING! As a guac lover I was hesitant to try this but I just may love this more than guac! Thank you for this incredibly delicious recipe :)

30. lindy — March 26, 2013 @ 2:00 pm

Does this turn brown quickly? Just wondering how far ahead I can make this? Thanks!

31. Pingback: Menu Plans, a few weeks late!

32. Pingback: The Food Processor: 13 Ways to Use It & 20 Recipes to Prove It - Amanda's Cookin'

33. Amanda — March 30, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

Hey Maria! I’ve put together a round up of 13 Ways to use your food processor & 20 recipes to prove it. I’ve included your post in the collection, thanks for the great recipe!

34. Pingback: Avocado! Yum! | goawaycandida

35. Pingback: Menu Planning for the Week of 4/14/13

36. Pingback: 15 Irresistible Recipes for the Avocado-Obsessed : Living Green Magazine

37. Pingback: 51 Healthy Greek Yogurt Recipes for Any Meal - Panic and Anxiety News Blog | Panic and Anxiety News Blog

38. Pingback: Savory Tortilla Chips | Café Zupas

39. Pingback: Move Over Guacamole- 7 Fantastic Avocado Spreads and Dips | CreatorSocial

40. Pingback: Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip | WorldFoodRecipes.com