Crispy Butterfinger Cookies
This week I have been sharing recipes to help you use up your leftover Halloween candy. So far we’ve played around with Snickers and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I made Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies and a Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Today Butterfinger candy bars are the star, so dig through your candy and pull out the Butterfingers. Hopefully, nobody laid a finger on your Butterfingers because you will want to make these Crispy Butterfinger Cookies.
Butterfingers are crispy and crunchy so I wanted to create a cookie that kept their texture. I added oatmeal and Rice Krispies cereal to the cookie dough to keep the crispy/crunchy texture going. I also added in chocolate chips because you can never have enough chocolate:)
I love a good candy bar every now and then, but can usually resist. The Halloween candy bowl doesn’t usually tempt me until I add the candy to cookies. I have no self control when it comes to cookies:) So I ate one cookie to make sure they were ok for all of you…and then I ate another and another. These Crispy Butterfinger cookies were thoroughly taste tasted by yours truly and I highly recommend you make them. There is no better way to enjoy a Butterfinger, in my cookie obsessed opinion:)
A few other recipes to help you use up your Halloween candy:
- Twix Caramel Popcorn
- Rolo Cookies
- Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
- Golden Grahams S’mores Bars
- Twix Caramel Brownies
Crispy Butterfinger Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 ¼ cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped Butterfinger candy bars
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Combine butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy, about two minutes. On low, add in egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
3. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the oats, cereal, chocolate chips, and Butterfinger chunks. Don’t over mix. You don’t want to crush the cereal too much.
4. Scoop dough into balls, about a tablespoon each, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown, the centers should still be soft. Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet. Move cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
If you like these Crispy Butterfinger Cookies, you might also like: