We don’t buy candy very often, but when we do it is usually not to snack on, it is to bake with. Last week I bought Rolo candies to make Rolo Pretzels with Pretzel M&M’s. I didn’t use all of the Rolos so I used the leftover candies to make Rolo cookies. These cookies look like plain chocolate cookies, but there is a surprise inside.
The chocolate cookie dough gets wrapped around the Rolo candy. The Rolos melt in the oven and create a chocolate caramel center that is to die for. The cookies are best warm because the center is ooey, gooey, and divine. Josh wasn’t going to try a cookie because he thought they were plain chocolate cookies, but I told him to trust me and take a bite. He did and he immediately grabbed a second cookie and a glass of cold milk. He loved the chocolate caramel surprise.
If you want to create an extra sweet treat, try these chocolate cookies with a Rolo candy center. You can’t go wrong with cookies and candy!
- 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Bag of Rolo candies unwrapped
- Sugar for rolling the cookie dough balls in
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend well. Take a spoonful of chocolate cookie dough and wrap around one Rolo candy. Make sure Rolo is completely covered with cookie dough. Roll dough ball in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until you run out of cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
If you like these Rolo cookies, you might also like:
Rolo Pretzels with Pretzel M&M’s from Two Peas and Their Pod
Caramel Chocolate Blondies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Salted Caramel Brownie from the Pioneer Woman
Snickery Squares from Brown Eyed Baker