Guacamole Bruschetta

On Sunday I posted 46 Super Bowl Recipes to help get you ready for the big game. If you need one more tasty appetizer to serve at your Super Bowl party, make this Guacamole Bruschetta. I am obsessed with guacamole. I even added it to Grilled Cheese. That Guacamole Grilled Cheese is the best sandwich in the history of sandwich making and this Guacamole Bruschetta is the best bruschetta that will ever enter your mouth.

I am all about simple appetizers when hosting a party. I would rather visit with our guests and enjoy the party than stress about the food. This Guacamole Bruschetta is perfect party food because it is super simple to make and everyone loves it. All you have to do is toast baguette slices, whip up some guacamole, and top the baguettes slices with the guacamole. I told you it was simple:)

I like to make the guacamole chunky so you get a big piece of creamy avocado in every bite. The lime juice keeps the avocados from browning, so the bruschetta is pretty to serve. And if you can’t wait until the Super Bowl to make this Guacamole Bruschetta, I don’t blame you. It makes a great snack, lunch, or even breakfast:) Go get your guacamole on and make this easy Guacamole Bruschetta!

And a quick shout out to my dad-it’s his birthday! Happy Birthday Pops! We love you!

Guacamole Bruschetta

Yield: about 20 bruschetta

Cook Time: 5-7 minutes

Total Time: 15 minutes

Guacamole Bruschetta is a simple appetizer that is sure to be a hit at any party!

1 French baguette, sliced about 1/2 inch thick (about 20 slices)
3 medium ripe avocados
1/2 large onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium jalapeño, stems and seeds removed, minced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
A dash of freshly grated black pepper
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until baguette slices are slightly golden and toasted. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.

2. To make the guacamole-cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Cut the avocado into chunks. Remove peel. Place avocado into a medium bowl. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Gently stir, until combined, try not to mash the avocado chunks. Add the chopped tomato and gently stir.

3. Place a spoonful of guacamole onto the baguette slices. Serve.

If you like this Guacamole Bruschetta, you might also like:

70 Responses to “Guacamole Bruschetta”

Kankana — February 1, 2012 @ 9:16 pm

I love trying out new toppings on bruscheta! This is something i didn’t and would love to.

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — February 1, 2012 @ 10:29 pm

I am in desperate need of eating some avocados! I filled a bag at the store this morning, with no real plan. This looks like a great start!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — February 1, 2012 @ 10:31 pm

Such a great idea!

Sues — February 1, 2012 @ 11:14 pm

Ooh my goodness yes! I love this idea. My fiance just started eating avocados and now he’s been craving them non-stop. A-OK with me!

CouponClippingCook — February 2, 2012 @ 1:42 am

Love how simple this is and packed with flavor and great texture. Looks so delicious. I could totally eat this for breakfast too.

Kristen — February 2, 2012 @ 3:12 am

What a great idea for a Bruschetta recipe! (And happy birthday to your dad!)

7. Pingback: Super Bowl Super Appetizer Round Up

The Hungry Housewife — February 2, 2012 @ 8:47 am

Well, this looks just perfect! I love me some chunky guac and slap it on some bread and we are good to go!!!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — February 2, 2012 @ 9:41 am

Beautiful! I always know I can count on you to make good use to the avocados!

Pam — February 2, 2012 @ 11:13 am

I could eat this for dinner and be perfectly happy!

Ashley — February 2, 2012 @ 3:22 pm

I love avocado so this twist on bruschetta really appeals to me!

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme — February 2, 2012 @ 4:58 pm

Looks delicious, Maria! I think this one’s going on my weekend menu.

13. Pingback: Super Bowl Sipping! «

Deeps @ Naughty Curry — February 3, 2012 @ 2:37 am

wow, beautiful idea! i love avacado, this one is on top of my to-do this week :)

Kristin @ FoodFash — February 3, 2012 @ 10:01 am

I think simple appetizers are the way to go as well! I’ll have to test this one out in the next couple weeks after I settle in my new house.

Ann P. — February 3, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

Guacamole bruschetta may be the next BEST superbowl food!!

Feast on the Cheap — February 6, 2012 @ 3:10 pm

This recipe has me ready for summer eating! Looks great

18. Pingback: Good Food + Good Friends = Good Times « sarahpcaudill

liz | carpeseason — February 7, 2012 @ 2:18 pm

I am guac fiend. I can’t believe I’ve never made guac bruschetta before…thanks for the inspiration!

Jen - Jen's Favorite Cookies — February 13, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

I made my own version of this bruscetta and then made it again two days later!! What a great idea! I also made the guacamole cheese sandwich and made a few people jealous in the process. Delicious! I’ll put guacamole on just about anything. What do you think of a guacamole cookie? :D

Gleeful — March 4, 2012 @ 11:10 am

This looks great! What a simple, delicious idea.

22. Pingback: GUACAMOLE! « Beth's Blue Plate Special

23. Pingback: 7 Month Pause « Calla's Cookbook

Vegan Recipes — October 22, 2012 @ 3:16 am

Guacamole is one of the most creative way to use Avocado for a healthy meal. Thanks a lot!!!

Diana — January 12, 2013 @ 4:53 am

Sounds like mine EXCEPT — the onions are cut in slivers, salt no pepper, no lime juice, basil not cilantro, no jalepeno and I add mozzerella chopped. I just get the onion, tomato, avocado, and mozzerella chopped them all and even the colors. then sprinkle the salt and basil first, then drizzle olive oil and toss. I serve with chips or baquette. I’ve had guests hide the bowl for themselves.

26. Pingback: Guacamole Bruschetta | Thirty Seconds on High