Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars on twopeasandtheirpod.com #recipe #pumpkin

Things are going well at our house. We love being parents. We are a little tired, but we can’t complain. Our little pea let us get six hours of sleep on Saturday night. He is a really good baby. We are loving every minute with him. My dad is visiting this week to help us out, which will be nice.

I made a bunch of recipes before the baby arrived and will still be posting recipes on my regular schedule, so please come visit us:) We are slowly making our way back into the kitchen. After we made the Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes, we still had pumpkin to use up, so I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. They are easy to make and the perfect fall dessert.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars on twopeasandtheirpod.com #recipe

These bars are a staple in our house. I look forward to them every fall. You can’t go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate together and these bars are dotted with chocolate chips. The pumpkin bars are soft, moist, and have a cakey texture. The bars are plenty rich due to the chocolate chips, so you don’t need to frost the bars. They are perfect for dessert or snack time. If you like pumpkin, I bet you will be making this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bar recipe over and over this fall.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars on twopeasandtheirpod.com Everyone loves this recipe!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

Yield: 24 bars

Cook Time: 35-40 minutes

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

2. With a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Add pumpkin puree and mix well. The mixture will look somewhat curdled. Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake bars for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.

4. Cool bars completely in pan. Cut into squares and serve.

Recipe from Martha Stewart

If you like these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars, you might also like:

173 Responses to “Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars”

1. Pingback: Pumpkin Cornbread Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

shelly (cookies and cups) — October 7, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

6 hours is a good night!! These bars look delicious :)

JL — October 10, 2011 @ 12:06 am

I made these with whole wheat pastry flour instead of unbleached white flour. They are delicious, with a light, cake-like consistency. Very sweet though. Next time I would cut the sugar in half.

Emma — October 10, 2011 @ 2:39 am

Wow! These look amazing. What a great lunchbox treat for my boys next week…. How do you find time to do all of this? You guys must be very organised – good for you!

Alysse — October 10, 2011 @ 10:32 am

hi maria! congrats! i’m new to your blog (and baking) but i absolutely adore your recipes and I tried making these bars. they came out more cake-like than bar-like, do you have any tips? i thought i followed the recipe exactly…anyway, i really want to make the new apple-peanut butter bars that you posted, but i want them like bars, not cake so i want to know what i did wrong. thanks!

• Two Peas replied: — October 10th, 2011 @ 10:45 am

The bars are very moist and have a cakey texture. I hope you like the PB apple bars, they are moist but not cakey.

6. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars « Just Everyday Me

Amilia Nimblett — October 10, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

I made these for our church picnic and they turned out great! Thanks!

• Two Peas replied: — October 11th, 2011 @ 10:32 am

Glad you liked the bars!

8. Pingback: Welcome Fall! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

9. Pingback: yummy pumpkin recipe | everydayclever

colleen — October 14, 2011 @ 8:58 am

Congratulations on your little pea! So cute!

I made these last weekend–they were incredible. My husband actually used to hands to eat one because he was so excited. Thanks for sharing another awesome recipe!

• Two Peas replied: — October 14th, 2011 @ 9:05 am

Glad you liked the pumpkin chocolate chip bars! They are a favorite around here too:)

11. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake | Witty in the City

Witty in the City — October 15, 2011 @ 11:49 am

These are delicious! Definitely more of a cake than a bar, and I’d also cut the sugar a little bit. Eating one now with a cup of tea. Thanks! Your pictures sold me on it! http://wp.me/p1JE8W-It

Janna — October 17, 2011 @ 12:40 am

I made these for my family with some pumpkin from our garden, and they were a hit! Thank you so much for the delicious recipe!!!

14. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars « Spatula Diaries

Rachel — October 19, 2011 @ 9:00 am

These are delicious! Two of us practically devoured half the pan just a few hours after they were finished.

Nellie — October 19, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

First off, congratulations on becoming a Mommy to a very handsome and adorable little boy! Best wishes of love, laughter, joy and happiness to you and your family!

Second, I fell in love with this recipe and had to try it. Well, I’ve now made this twice and cannot seriously get enough of it – so yummy and outrageously delicious every time!

You have an awesome blog and I’m so happy I stumbled upon it.

Valerie — October 21, 2011 @ 11:40 pm

I’ve been anticipating these as a friday night treat for me and my hubby. We just had one with a glass of almond milk. Sooo delish but like you said how can you go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate! We love pumpkin so we’re rotating through all of your recipes. We’ve gotten through the pumpkin granola, nutella bread and now these-all winners! Congrats on your little pea!

18. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Cook Like a Champion

19. Pingback: » pumpkin chocolate chip bars juliechiou [dot] com

Lori-Vancouver BC Superhost — October 28, 2011 @ 5:17 pm

I’ve just discovered your blog through another blog…ANYWAYS…I can’t wait to try the ‘pumpkin choc chip bar’ recipe!

21. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars « The Food Charlatan

22. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars | LiveCookLove

Ann Williams — October 31, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

These awesome! Thanks so much! I blogged about this recipe and linked back to you. I also used your photo. Let me know if it is a problem and I will take it down.

• Two Peas replied: — November 1st, 2011 @ 10:26 am

Glad you liked the pumpkin bars!

Stacey — October 31, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

I found this recipe last winter and have been saving it. I finally made them tonight for Halloween and they are delicious. I’m a big pumpkin fan and i know I’ll be making them again. Thx for the great recipe.

25. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars | SugarHero!

qjiilllxosg — November 4, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

WuyHi7 wujtuhewwlew

27. Pingback: Lindsay Loves 12 | The Lean Green Bean

28. Pingback: The Best of the Web: Pumpkin Dessert Recipe Cake Pie Cookies Pudding | The Aimless Curator

29. Pingback: Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Bars

Lynn — November 8, 2011 @ 9:18 pm

I made a gluten free version of these and we loved them! Thanks for just the inspiration I needed to come up with a gluten free version. Yours looked so good, I knew I had to give them a try. http://lynnskitchenadventures.com/lra/gluten-free-chocolate-pumpkin-bars/

• Two Peas replied: — November 9th, 2011 @ 12:37 am

You are welcome! Glad you enjoyed the gluten free version!

31. Pingback: » pumpkin chocolate chip bars Table for Two

32. Pingback: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

Jade — November 20, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

I’ve been in a bit of a pumpkin craze this month and have tried many different recipes – this is definitely one of the best ones. The pumpkin and chocolate combination make a de-LICIOUS match!

34. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Tracy Carolyn

These look scrumptious…..wish I had pumpkin to make thes right now! Glad I found your blog through Make and Takes!

36. Pingback: Easy Chocolate Chip Bars

37. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars « Take a Bite out of Life

Phi — December 4, 2011 @ 6:53 pm

I made these bars and they were absolutely delish! Thanks!

39. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars « sweetphi