Earlier this fall I created fabulous treat, pumpkin Nutella bread. Pumpkin and Nutella are such a fine match-I just had to let them meet again. Last week I baked a pumpkin Nutella snack cake that is equally divine. If you are looking for a new dessert to serve at your Thanksgiving meal, I highly recommend pumpkin Nutella snack cake.
I am not a fan of most Thanksgiving foods, but when dessert time comes around, count me in! I like to have a little taste of everything. I like pie, but I also appreciate when there are other options, such as crisps, cobblers, or cake. This pumpkin Nutella cake is perfect for Thanksgiving because it contains pumpkin, is super easy to make, and will most likely steal the show. Sorry pies!
This moist pumpkin cake is spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. The Nutella acts as the frosting, right before you pop the cake into the oven, you swirl big globs of Nutella throughout the pumpkin batter. The rich chocolate hazelnut Nutella really is the “icing on the cake.”
You can never have too many desserts, so squeeze the Thanksgiving pies over and make room for pumpkin Nutella snack cake. It is sure to be a hit!
Pumpkin Nutella Snack Cake
This easy pumpkin cake is a fall favorite. You will love the Nutella addition!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Add the pumpkin puree. Reduce speed to low, and mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
4. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Drop tablespoons of Nutella all over the pumpkin cake batter. Swirl in the Nutella with a knife. I wanted the Nutella to stay towards the top, to act as the frosting, so I swirled gently.
5. Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the sides pull away from the pan and a toothpick comes out clean. Place cake on a wire rack and cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
If you like this pumpkin Nutella snack cake, you might also like:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake from Two Peas and Their Pod
Self-Frosting Pumpkin Nutella Muffins from Phemomenon
Pumpkin Roll with Mascarpone and Nutella Filling from Bell’alimento
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Nutella from Pig Pig’s Corner