Last week Josh woke up early and asked me what I wanted for breakfast-his treat. I voted for pancakes, but told him I didn’t care what variety. He came back in the room and asked if he could make our sinful Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes. I said sure, I was going to enjoy my final week of being pregnant and indulge:) As he turned to leave the room, I had an idea. I told him to make Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes-a little twist on our favorite recipe.
Josh went to work in the kitchen and came up with the most amazing pancakes I have ever tasted. The pumpkin pancakes are light and fluffy and the cinnamon streusel on top goes perfectly with the fall spices. I wish I could tell you how delicious these pancakes are, but there really are no words to describe them. They are too good! My mouth is watering as I type and I wish I had another stack to eat right now. I am telling you, if you are a pumpkin fan and looking for a special fall breakfast or brunch recipe, look no further. You have to make these Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes. I guarantee you will fall head over heels for these babies. I can’t get them out of my mind-I even dream about them. They are SO good.
So get into the kitchen and whip up a batch of Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes. There is no better way to start the day!
Baby update-my due date was Saturday and I am still pregnant:) I guess our little pea has his own time schedule and will come when he is ready. We are just waiting now! We will keep you updated!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
For the cinnamon streusel:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into chunks
To make the pancakes:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, make the cinnamon streusel. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix together with your hands or a fork, until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg, pumpkin, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium low. Coat with cooking spray. Drop 1/3 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon streusel. Cook on the first side until bubbles begin to form, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip pancake over and cover very generously with cinnamon streusel. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Continue this process to make the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup and butter.
If you like these Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes, you might also like: