5-Ingredient Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie-pumpkin ice cream pie with a simple gingersnap cookie crust and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce. This easy pie is the perfect Thanksgiving dessert!
Our family isn’t crazy about pumpkin pie. Sure, we serve it at Thanksgiving because it is tradition, but it is usually the pie that only a few people touch. Don’t worry, we don’t let it go to waste, it is always breakfast. Pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving is a must, just so you know:)
I pretty much love everything pumpkin, except the traditional pumpkin pie. It is a texture thing! I do love this 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie. The ice cream is a game changer!
This pie is the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving because it is beyond easy. You only need five ingredients: gingersnap cookies, sugar, butter, pumpkin ice cream, and salted caramel sauce.
The gingersnap cookie crust is no fail. You don’t have to stress about pie crust, the cookie crust comes out perfect every single time!
Another bonus, you can make the pie in advance. It will keep for a week in the freezer. So you can make it today and have your Thanksgiving dessert out of the way!
When you are ready to serve the pie, take it out of the freezer, cut it into slices and drizzle with salted caramel sauce!
This easy 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie is a family favorite and I can’t wait to enjoy a piece on Thanksgiving. It is already in our freezer and I really, really want a piece right now, but I am waiting! The struggle is real!
We hope you enjoy our family’s favorite 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie! It’s a winner!
5-Ingredient Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs about 30 cookies, plus a few cookies for garnish
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 cups pumpkin ice cream softened
- Salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine gingersnap cookie crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until mixture is evenly moistened. Transfer crumb mixture to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish; press crumbs firmly and evenly onto bottom and up sides to top of dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is firm. Cool crust completely.
- Carefully spoon softened ice cream into the cooled crust. Spread with a spatula until ice cream is even. Garnish with gingersnap cookie crumbles. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove the pie from the freezer. Cut into slices and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
- Note-to make the gingersnap cookie crumbs, you can use a food processor or put the cookies in a large Ziploc bag and pound the cookies with a rolling pin until crushed. The pie will keep in the freezer for a week.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with The TODAY Show, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.