We make homemade biscuits on a regular basis. I love traditional buttermilk biscuits, but sometimes we like to jazz things up. We’ve made Sweet Potato Rosemary Biscuits, Bacon Cheddar Biscuits, and my favorite sweet biscuits, Gooey Cinnamon Biscuits. I guess we are kind of biscuit crazy at our house:) The craze continues with my latest creation- Artichoke, Roasted Red Pepper, & Feta Biscuits. These savory biscuits are filled with a few of my favorite ingredients and are a great addition to any meal.
These biscuits are easy to make because you don’t have to roll out the dough, they are drop biscuits. You can whip up a batch in no time. The biscuits are loaded with flavor thanks to the garlic, artichokes, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese. I also threw in some fresh basil because you can’t go wrong with basil:) The biscuits are tender, buttery, and filled with goodness.
We served the biscuits with a big Greek salad, but they would also go well with a big bowl of soup. The biscuits are very comforting and are almost a meal on their own. If you are in the mood to try a new biscuit recipe, give these Artichoke, Roasted Red Pepper, & Feta Biscuits a try. We loved them!
Also, we’ve had several requests for more baby photos of our little pea. Yesterday, I posted a few of Caleb’s baby photos on our “On the Side” page. I will be posting all baby related posts “On the Side,” so if you are interested in following, make sure you subscribe to our RSS feed so you don’t miss a post!
Artichoke, Roasted Red Pepper, & Feta Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped artichokes
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted-for brushing the biscuits
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the minced garlic and fresh basil. Mix in cold butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add artichokes, roasted red peppers, feta cheese and gently stir. Pour buttermilk over all of the ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- 3. Drop round spoonfuls of dough, about four tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Artichoke, Roasted Red Pepper, & Feta Biscuits, you might also like: