Avocado Egg Salad is the BEST egg salad recipe, you will love the avocado addition. Use your hard boiled eggs to make this delicious egg salad recipe!
Healthy Egg Salad Recipe
Have you dyed your Easter eggs yet? We are going to attempt to do a few with the boys. It might be one giant mess, but we will try to keep things under control. Josh loves dying eggs!
I know we are going to be stuck with lots of leftover hard boiled Easter eggs because when Josh dyes eggs, he goes all out. I am ok with having leftover hard boiled eggs because that means I get to make the BEST egg salad recipe, Avocado Egg Salad. Adding creamy avocado changes everything. Avocados really do make everything better!
Use Up Leftover Hard Boiled Easter Eggs
Avocado Egg Salad is the perfect post Easter recipe because I know you are all going to have a fridge full of hard boiled eggs and the sooner you get rid of them the better. You don’t want your fridge to stink, do you? 🙂
You can use your leftover hard boiled eggs to make an easy, delicious, and healthy egg salad. You can eat this avocado egg salad for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or for a snack! Kids and adults love this easy egg salad!
Easy Egg Salad
- To make egg salad, you do need hard boiled eggs. We love making our eggs in our Instant Pot. They turn out perfect EVERY time. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can hard boil the eggs on the stove.
- Once you have your hard boiled eggs, you can whip up this easy Avocado Egg Salad in a matter of minutes.
- I use two hard boiled eggs and two hard boiled egg whites. I like using a mix to keep the egg salad on the lighter side. If you want to use all hard boiled eggs, you can do that too.
- Make sure you use a ripe avocado so it will mash right into the egg salad. The avocado is a game changer and makes the egg salad EXTRA creamy!
- Instead of using mayonnaise, I use plain Greek yogurt to make this healthy egg salad recipe. I promise you won’t miss the mayo. This egg salad without mayo is my favorite. I love the extra boost of protein the Greek yogurt adds.
- For extra flavor, I also add in green onion, fresh lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
I like to spread the Avocado Egg Salad on to two slices of whole wheat bread. I add fresh spinach leaves and voila-perfect sandwich! Is it lunch time yet? Because I am kind of craving an Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich now. Mmmm! Who knew hard boiled eggs could turn into something so tasty? Avocados for the win!
You can also serve Avocado Egg Salad with crackers, cut up veggies, eat it in a wrap, or add it to a bed of greens! It’s also great on toast in the morning. Protein, healthy fats-the breakfast of champions!
Make sure you save some hard boiled Easter eggs to make Avocado Egg Salad. It’s Egg-o-licious!
How to Make Avocado Egg Salad
If you like this Avocado Egg Salad, you might also like:
- Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Egg Salad
- Smashed Chickpea Avocado Pesto Salad Sandwich
- Cucumber Avocado Sandwich
Avocado Egg Salad
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 hard boiled egg whites chopped
- 2 small avocados pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the hard boiled eggs and egg whites, avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, green onion, and mustard. Mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serving suggestions: Spread between two slices of bread for an Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich. Eat with crackers, cut up veggies, on toast, or in a wrap. This salad is best eaten the day it's made.
avocado egg salad, egg salad