Avocado Egg Salad is the BEST egg salad recipe, you will love the avocado addition. Use your hard boiled eggs to make this delicious and healthy egg salad recipe!
We make hard boiled eggs every single week. They are a great healthy snack to have in the fridge. I also use them to make egg salad, deviled eggs, and this healthy Avocado Egg Salad.
Adding creamy avocado changes everything. Avocados really do make everything better! I promise you are are going to love this spin on the classic egg salad. It is one of my favorite healthy meals. It is great for breakfast, lunch, a hearty snack, or even dinner!
I always make this Avocado Egg Salad at Easter time because we always have lots of leftover hard boiled eggs.
How to Make Avocado Egg Salad
- To make egg salad, you do need hard boiled eggs. We love making our eggs in our Instant Pot. They turn out perfect EVERY time. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can hard boil the eggs on the stove.
- Once you have your hard boiled eggs, you can whip up this easy Avocado Egg Salad in a matter of minutes.
- I use two hard boiled eggs and two hard boiled egg whites. I like using a mix to keep the egg salad on the lighter side. If you want to use all hard boiled eggs, you can do that too.
- Make sure you use a ripe avocado so it will mash right into the egg salad. The avocado is a game changer and makes the egg salad EXTRA creamy!
- Instead of using mayonnaise, I use plain Greek yogurt to make this healthy egg salad recipe. I promise you won’t miss the mayo. This egg salad without mayo is my favorite. I love the extra boost of protein the Greek yogurt adds.
- For extra flavor, I also add in green onion, fresh lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
How to Serve
I like to spread the Avocado Egg Salad on to two slices of whole wheat bread. I add fresh spinach leaves or mixed greens and voila-perfect sandwich! Is it lunch time yet? Because I am kind of craving an Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich now. Mmmm! Who knew hard boiled eggs could turn into something so tasty? Avocados for the win!
You can also serve Avocado Egg Salad with crackers, cut up veggies, eat it in a wrap, or add it to a bed of greens! It’s also great on toast in the morning. Protein, healthy fats-the breakfast of champions!
Make sure you save some hard boiled Easter eggs to make Avocado Egg Salad. It’s Egg-o-licious!
How to Store
Because this egg salad recipe has avocado mixed in it is best to eat it the day you make it because the avocado will turn brown.
If you happen to have leftovers, you can add a little extra lemon juice which will minimize the browning. I also like to put it in an airtight container and press plastic wrap directly on top of the salad so no air is touching it. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
More Sandwich Recipes
- Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Egg Salad
- Smashed Chickpea Avocado Pesto Salad Sandwich
- Cucumber Avocado Sandwich
Avocado Egg Salad
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 hard boiled egg whites, chopped
- 2 small avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the hard boiled eggs and egg whites, avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, green onion, and mustard.
- Mash with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serving suggestions: Spread between two slices of bread for an Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich. Eat with crackers, cut up veggies, on toast, or in a wrap. This salad is best eaten the day it’s made.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Olive and Mango
This makes the perfect lunch!
This makes a perfect breakfast to kickstart a day. Thanks so much!
Wondering about making this with tuna, do you think the flavors would work?
I make this exact recipe with tuna all the time. It’s delicious!
Made this for the first time and it really was delicious! I found adding a bit more lemon than in the recipe helped.
Made tonight. . Used mayo as dairy in yogurt and I don’t get along. So yummy and creamy. Topped a salad with it instead of dressing! Delish!
unique, creative idea in my opinion … rarely do I find food like this … by the way thanks for this amazing recipe
How many calories is this? It looks delicious?
That was supposed to be, “It looks delicious!”
I love avocado egg salad I want it how much cost avocado egg salad or free q
Love this recipe! This was also my first time making any type of egg salad. The only thing I can say, and this was my fault, was that I’m going to have left over egg salad for like a week cuz I didn’t pay attention to how much the original recipe yielded, so I doubled the recipe!
Really liked it! First time trying an avocado egg salad. Yum! Added dill and salt then had to and more lemon to cut it. Oh I used half lemon half lime too
If the nutrition content was included that would be great. I’m counting calories on myfitnesspal…found one there but no clue if correct.
Love this! I’ve added a touch of curry to it and it is a whole other taste.
Love the curry addition!
It is just delicious and very healthy eating.
This sounds delicious!! I’m the only one who would eat this. Will it last in the fridge with the avocado? I have just learned to use avocados in things other than quac, and was told when it turns brown not to eat it. I probably would cut this recipe in half but that would still be more than just I would eat.
Does the lemon juice keep the avocado from becoming brown?
Sounds yummy I will try it with Hellmans Mayonnaise I don’t like yogurt
I’m going to add some leftover rotisserie chicken for a little more protein. Making it today.
I have made this several times over the last few years when I first found this pin and it is my absolute favorite pinterest find EVER. As someone who is repulsed by the mention of the “m” word, I love that this uses yogurt and avocado. I revisit this recipe anytime I have a few avocados and I forget how much I LOVE this recipe. I’ve been delicious moaning for the past half hour.
Glad you like the recipe!
Can I use something else instead of the mustard? I’m not a big fun of, so I was wondering with could make just whiteout or having something instead of mustard.
this is nice blog. thanks yeah slot97
Are there 4 eggs total required (2 hard boiled plus 2 more for egg whites only)?
Yes! That is what I use.
Just made this for lunch and served on top of ezekiel toast. It was fast and easy to make, very healthy, and delicious! Ii topped it off with red chile flakes. What a wonderful recipe. Thank you!
Love the chili flake addition! Glad you liked the recipe!
This was delicious!!! Used 1 less egg yoke, cashew yogurt, and extra mustard and lemon juice to our taste. Ate on a slice of Ezekiel bread and topped it with spinach. So yummy!
This sounds delicious!! I’m the only one who would eat this. Will it last in the fridge with the avocado? I have just learned to use avocados in things other than quac, and was told http://184.108.40.206/369slot/ when it turns brown not to eat it. I probably would cut this recipe in half but that would still be more than just I would eat.
See More Comments