Avocado Egg Salad is the BEST egg salad recipe, you will love the avocado addition. Use your hard boiled eggs to make this delicious and healthy egg salad recipe!
Adding creamy avocado changes everything. Avocados really do make everything better! I promise you are are going to love this spin on the classic egg salad. It is one of my favorite healthy meals. It is great for breakfast, lunch, a hearty snack, or even dinner!
I always make this Avocado Egg Salad at Easter time because we always have lots of leftover hard boiled eggs.
How to Make Avocado Egg Salad
- To make egg salad, you do need hard boiled eggs. We love making our eggs in our Instant Pot. They turn out perfect EVERY time. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can hard boil the eggs on the stove.
- Once you have your hard boiled eggs, you can whip up this easy Avocado Egg Salad in a matter of minutes.
- I use two hard boiled eggs and two hard boiled egg whites. I like using a mix to keep the egg salad on the lighter side. If you want to use all hard boiled eggs, you can do that too.
- Make sure you use a ripe avocado so it will mash right into the egg salad. The avocado is a game changer and makes the egg salad EXTRA creamy!
- Instead of using mayonnaise, I use plain Greek yogurt to make this healthy egg salad recipe. I promise you won’t miss the mayo. This egg salad without mayo is my favorite. I love the extra boost of protein the Greek yogurt adds.
- For extra flavor, I also add in green onion, fresh lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
How to Serve
I like to spread the Avocado Egg Salad on to two slices of whole wheat bread. I add fresh spinach leaves or mixed greens and voila-perfect sandwich! Is it lunch time yet? Because I am kind of craving an Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich now. Mmmm! Who knew hard boiled eggs could turn into something so tasty? Avocados for the win!
You can also serve Avocado Egg Salad with crackers, cut up veggies, eat it in a wrap, or add it to a bed of greens! It’s also great on toast in the morning. Protein, healthy fats-the breakfast of champions!
Make sure you save some hard boiled Easter eggs to make Avocado Egg Salad. It’s Egg-o-licious!
How to Store
Because this egg salad recipe has avocado mixed in it is best to eat it the day you make it because the avocado will turn brown.
If you happen to have leftovers, you can add a little extra lemon juice which will minimize the browning. I also like to put it in an airtight container and press plastic wrap directly on top of the salad so no air is touching it. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
More Sandwich Recipes
- Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Egg Salad
- Smashed Chickpea Avocado Pesto Salad Sandwich
- Cucumber Avocado Sandwich
Avocado Egg Salad
- In a medium bowl, combine the hard boiled eggs and egg whites, avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, green onion, and mustard.
- Mash with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serving suggestions: Spread between two slices of bread for an Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich. Eat with crackers, cut up veggies, on toast, or in a wrap. This salad is best eaten the day it’s made.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Olive and Mango