Avocado Goat Cheese Pasta-this simple pasta dish is creamy and full of flavor thanks to the avocado and goat cheese. It is one of our favorite weeknight meals.
Happy Memorial Day! How are you celebrating today? We are packing a picnic and going to the park with the boys. We hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
I know the rest of the week is going to be all messed up because of the Monday holiday. I always have a hard time to adjusting after long weekends. SO I am planning ahead and putting this Avocado Goat Cheese Pasta on our dinner menu. It only takes 20 minutes to make and I know I will need an easy dinner recipe this week!
I love this pasta because it has all of my favorite things: pasta (duh), avocado, goat cheese, basil, garlic, and tomatoes. I also add a little fresh lemon juice to brighten things up! The avocado and goat cheese come together to create an extra creamy sauce. The sauce is so creamy it is DREAMY!
I was worried our boys would turn their nose up at this one, but they love it! Ok, Caleb takes off the tomatoes, but they both gobble up the pasta part! Score! I like the tomatoes because they add a pop of color. I guess Caleb doesn’t care if his food is pretty:)
If you want an easy dinner recipe this week that the entire family will love, make my Avocado Goat Cheese Pasta! It is so good and you can’t beat the 20 minutes part!
If you like this Avocado Goat Cheese Pasta, you might also like:
- Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Stovetop Avocado Mac and Cheese
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Roasted Mushrooms
Avocado Goat Cheese Pasta
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 10 ounces penne pasta we use DeLallo whole wheat
- 2 large avocados peeled and pit removed
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and cook pasta until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a food processor, add avocados, goat cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and basil. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Drain the pasta and pour into a large bowl. Add the avocado goat cheese sauce to the pasta and stir until pasta is well coated. Add the tomatoes and serve.