I am a planner, not a “fly by the seat of my pants” gal. Some may consider me boring, but that is why I have my husband, there is not a boring bone in his body:) Once a plan is made, I like to stick to it. I also like to have a consistent daily routine, maybe not as bad as Groundhog Day, but close.
My day usually goes like this: exercise, get ready for work, eat breakfast at my desk, work 10 hours, make dinner with the hubs, and depending on the night I either-blog, clean, watch TV, read, or attend a social function. Pretty basic. Sometimes I am flexible with my schedule, but I prefer to have notice. I like to stick to the plan:)
One thing I never change is my breakfast. I always eat a bowl of oatmeal Monday-Friday. Sometimes on the weekends I splurge and have pancakes, a smoothie, or muffins, etc. but I really love my oats. They are so comforting and good for my heart. I love steel cut oats, but I usually eat good old fashioned rolled oats. I never get sick of them, even in the summer when it is blazing hot outside.
I do try to mix things up with different fruits, but my favorite oatmeal is my Banana Berry bowl. The banana melts into the oats and creates an extra creamy bowl of oatmeal. I top my bowl off with a splash of vanilla soy milk and fresh berries.
I love starting my day with banana berry oatmeal. My philosophy-why change a good thing? I never get tired of this healthy breakfast. It may be boring to some, but boring tastes pretty darn good to me!
Banana Berry Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla soy milk
- Strawberries sliced
- Banana slices
- 1. In a microwave safe bowl, mix together the oats and cinnamon. Stir in the water.
- 2. Cook the oats in the microwave for one minute. Remove bowl and add in the banana slices. Stir. Cook for one more minute.
- 3. Stir in vanilla soy milk and top with fresh strawberries, bananas, and blackberries. I like blueberries too, I just ran out of them:)
- 4. Serve hot.
- *Note-make sure you use a large enough bowl. You don't want the oats to spill over, it is a mess to clean up. Trust me, I know:)
If you like this bowl of oatmeal, you might also like: