Start your morning with easy Baked Oatmeal, it is the perfect healthy breakfast and will keep you full for hours! Make a big pan and reheat all week!
Healthy Baked Oatmeal
I love baked oatmeal because it easy and you can make a big pan to eat all week! This baked oatmeal reheats well and is the perfect way to start any day! It makes a great weekday breakfast for busy mornings or a delicious weekend breakfast treat. Yes, it is a treat, even though it is healthy. It is SO good!
There is something about baked oatmeal that just hits the spot. Make sure you use old fashioned oats and not quick oats for a hearty oatmeal texture.
I use unsweetened applesauce to replace most of the butter and use less brown sugar than most recipes. It’s breakfast so I want to start my day off right. I love this healthy baked oatmeal recipe. I also add in cinnamon, vanilla, raisins or dried cranberries.
Baked Oatmeal Add Ins
This baked oatmeal recipe is very flexible. You can make it with skim milk, almond milk, rice milk, or soy milk.
I like using dried fruit, raisins or cranberries, because they add a touch of sweetness. You can also use dried blueberries, dried cherries, or golden raisins. You could also add fresh fruit, berries, bananas, apples, peaches, and pears are good options.
If you want to add a little crunch, add walnuts, almonds, or pecans! You can mix the nuts into the oatmeal or sprinkle them on top before serving. A scoop of nut butter on top of baked oatmeal is also good, almond butter, peanut butter, or cashew butter.
Feel free to stir in shredded coconut or even chocolate chips if you are feeling decadent!
You can double this recipe if you want to make a big batch. Use a 9×13 pan. This is a great breakfast recipe for feeding a crowd!
Start your morning with this easy baked oatmeal and you will have a GREAT day!
If you like this Baked Oatmeal Recipe, you might also like:
- Baked Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal
- Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal
- Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal
- Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Steel Cut Oats
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Combine the milk, applesauce, butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add the milk mixture to oat mixture; stir well. Stir in raisins or dried cranberries.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until oatmeal is set and golden brown.
- Notes-This is an easy recipe to double, so if you are serving a crowd, double and bake in a 9x13 pan. If you want to add toppings you can add nuts, fruit, brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, etc. I always add a dash of cinnamon to my bowl!