Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with mashed banana, making the cookies sweet and moist without adding a lot of butter. Kids and adults love these soft and chewy banana oatmeal cookies!
Healthy and Sweet
If you are like me, you probably have brown bananas on your counter that are begging to be turned into a delicious treat. I always buy extra bananas at the store so I will be forced to make a banana treat. Give the classic banana bread a rest and bake Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These easy banana cookies are a family favorite. Our boys LOVE them and I am pretty sure Cookie Monster would approve too. I just never invite him over for cookies because I don’t want him eating ALL of my cookies. I don’t need cookie competition, things could get ugly:)
Easy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
I love making these banana chocolate chip cookies because they are easy to make and they are on the healthier side. The mashed banana is the secret ingredient to making these cookies so delicious! Make sure you use a banana that is brown and overripe. Mash with a fork, you will need about ½ cup.
The mashed banana adds sweetness and keeps the cookies moist, so you don’t need a lot of butter for this recipe. You can even use coconut oil if you wish.
The oats make the cookies super hearty and chewy, the texture is amazing! I add chocolate chips because chocolate chips are always a good idea in cookies!
These oatmeal banana cookies will remind you of banana bread, but in cookie form. You get that little hint of banana with the chewy oatmeal cookie and a kick of chocolate. Cookie perfection! I love making and eating these cookies! Oh, and they freeze well. Keep a stash in the freezer for a cookie pick me up! Cookies always make me feel better.
These Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies will be a new favorite recipe in your household.
If you like these banana oatmeal cookies, you might also like:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 large banana mashed (about ½ cup mashed)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the mashed banana and mix until combine.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix on low nuntil just combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to form the cookies into balls, using about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden around the edges but still soft in the center. Remove cookies from oven and let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. You can add chocolate chips to the warm cookies to make the cookies extra pretty, if desired. Just press them slightly into the cookies. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod