Homemade Blueberry Coconut Granola Bars-easy to make at home and much better than store bought granola bars!
Today, I am headed to The Pioneer Woman’s ranch for a little retreat with my Land O’ Lakes friends. You can follow my ranch adventures on Instagram and I will post about my trip next week. I am sad I have to leave my boys behind, but I am looking forward to some fun girls time!
I didn’t want to leave my boys empty handed so I made them Blueberry Coconut Granola Bars to snack on. Caleb loves blueberries and coconut, our Baked Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal is one of his very favorite recipes, so I thought he would like these granola bars too!
I never buy granola bars at the store because they are so easy to make at home…and they are so much better. Plus, I like knowing what ingredients are going into Caleb’s snacks. I make our No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars and No-Bake Biscoff Granola Bars all of the time and they never last long.
This time I made Blueberry Coconut Granola Bars for my little pea. I adapted a recipe from my friend Catherine’s book, Weelicious Lunches. She always has the best healthy snack ideas. I used shredded coconut, coconut oil, and coconut extract to make these granola bars. I love the coconut flavor. I stirred in dried blueberries for a pop of color and sweetness.
I tried to take hurry and take pictures of the granola bars before Caleb saw what I made…but I failed. He smelled the granola bars and came running! I couldn’t stop him from snatching a granola bar.
He loved his special treat! I cut the granola bars into squares and wrapped them up. They are the perfect snack for on the go or snack time at home. I may have snuck a few into my carry on bag for the plane:)
I hope my boys will eat their Blueberry Coconut Granola Bars and think of me while I am gone. And I hope the granola bars balance out the pizza and donuts that Josh will probably give Caleb while I am gone:) Boys will play while mama is away:)
And make sure you visit the blog tomorrow, we have some exciting news to share! 🙂
Blueberry Coconut Granola Bars
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoosn coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. Combine the oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar, salt, and dried blueberries in a large bowl. Stir well.
- 3. In a separate bowl medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, coconut extract, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- 4. Press the granola mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minute or until the granola bars are golden brown. Allow to cool completely then cut into bars. Serve!
- Note-Individually wrapped, the bars will remain fresh for several weeks.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod