No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are easy to make at home and taste MUCH better than store bought granola bars. They are a great back to school or anytime snack!
How is it already back to school time? The summer went way too fast. I know I don’t’ have to go back to school and Caleb is still too young, but still. I am not ready for fall just yet. I still want to enjoy the summer sun and pretend I am on summer break.
To help make the back to school transition a little easier I have a fun and easy recipe for you today, No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. This easy granola bar recipe is a great back to school recipe. You can pack the granola bars in lunch boxes or save them for an easy after school snack.
I’ve always been a granola bar fan, but they are expensive to buy at the store and some ingredient lists can be long and scary. I prefer to make my own to save money and so I know exactly what is going in them.
I love these No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola bars because they are beyond easy to make and they are SO good. They are chewy with a little crunch from the pretzels and crispy cereal. I love the peanut butter, pretzel, and chocolate combo too. You can’t go wrong with sweet and salty if you ask me!
I chill the bars for about 30 minutes before cutting them. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. They might last longer, but they have never lasted longer than a week in our house.
You are going to want to have these No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars on hand all school year long. They are the best snack ever! Your kids are going to thank you when they find a granola bar waiting for them in their lunchbox or on the counter when they come home from school.
Adults and parents-I won’t tell if you make a batch just for yourself. I know you are going to want to hide some granola bars from the kids so you can have a tasty snack too! They are great to take on road trips, picnics, or for an easy on the go breakfast or snack!
Start the school year off right by making these easy homemade granola bars. They are better and healthier than store bought granola bars!
You might also enjoy my other easy granola bar recipes:
- No-Bake Sunflower Butter Granola Bars
- No-Bake Almond Granola Bars
- No-Bake Biscoff Granola Bars
- Blueberry Coconut Granola Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 8 -10 bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper. Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a large sauce pan, add butter, brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to bubble. Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the oats, crispy cereal, and pretzels. Stir until well coated. Pour into the prepared pan. Press the mixture evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Cut into bars and serve.
- Note-I store the bars in the refrigerator. I've kept them in the fridge for up to a week and they are still tasty! For gluten-free, use gf oats and pretzels.