Butter Parmesan Gnocchi with Squash, Corn, & Tomatoes is a great quick and easy weeknight meal and is especially delicious during the summertime when produce is at it’s peak!
I can’t get enough of this Butter Parmesan Gnocchi with Squash, Corn, and Tomatoes dish. It is comforting and delicious, but also filled with lots of summer veggies and finished with fresh basil.
It’s the perfect balance of buttery, cheesy goodness and healthy vegetables. It’s become a family favorite around here, and everyone always asks for seconds!
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi are like little mini dumplings. They’re made with cooked mashed potatoes mixed with flour, egg, and salt.
Gnocchi is pretty easy to make on your own, but for this recipe, I buy dried gnocchi. You can find it in the pasta aisle. And a pro tip: it’s pronounced nyow-kee.
For this recipe, I like to make crispy gnocchi. The gnocchi stays soft on the inside and nice and crispy on the outside. Ooh, it’s yummy! Here are my tips for achieving crispy gnocchi, don’t worry, it’s easy!
- Start by boiling a pot of salty water, adding the gnocchi, and cooking it until they float to the top. This should only take 2-3 minutes!
- Drain the gnocchi and set it aside.
- In a large skillet melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat. I like to use butter for flavor, but you could also use olive oil.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and give it a good toss so it’s coated with butter.
- Leave the gnocchi alone for a minute or two, letting it cook in a single layer until the bottoms are golden brown. Use a metal spatula to flip and cook until they’re golden and crispy all around!
- Transfer your crispy, golden, delicious gnocchi to a plate and season it with salt and pepper.
Get Your Veggies
Now it’s time to make veggies! This gnocchi is so delicious served with a side of bright and colorful vegetables. You’re going to love it!
This recipe uses zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and sweet corn, all of my summer favorites. Feel free to use your favorite veggies or whatever is in season. Here are a few ideas!
- Bell peppers
- Spinach or kale
This recipe makes a really light, delicious dish for summertime. I would pair it with any of these yummy sides for the perfect meal!
More Easy Dinners
- Sheet Pan Pesto Gnocchi
- Sheet Pan Sausage Gnocchi
- Crispy Gnocchi with Pesto
- 5-Ingredient Skillet Gnocchi
- Butternut Squash, Sausage, and Kale Gnocchi
Butter Parmesan Gnocchi with Squash, Corn & Tomatoes
- 16 oz gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn (can use frozen corn)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the top, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the gnocchi and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the cooked gnocchi and toss to coat with the butter. Let the gnocchi cook in a single layer until they are golden brown on the bottoms and then use a metal spatula to flip the gnocchi. Cook until they are golden and crispy. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the zucchini and yellow squash. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in the corn and tomatoes and cook for one minute.
- Add the crispy gnocchi to the skillet. Stir in the parmesan cheese and basil and season dish with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and basil, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Dishing Out Health
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.