I was looking through my photos last night and found a few older photos for recipes that I never posted. I love this cheese tortellini dish with spinach and slow roasted tomatoes. I can’t believe I forgot to share it with all of you. The photos aren’t the greatest, but the recipe is simple and very tasty.
We always keep a couple bags of cheese tortellini in our freezer for emergencies. It comes in handy when we are busy and/or feeling lazy. I love making tortellini soup, salads, and pasta dishes.I also keep slow roasted tomatoes in the freezer. I make big batches and freeze them in smaller containers so I can pull them out when I need them.They sure came in handy for this recipe. I just defrosted and reheated the tomatoes before I added them to the cheese tortellini.
The slow roasted tomatoes are full of flavor and are perfect in this dish. I also stirred in fresh spinach, parmesan cheese, and added a little drizzle of olive oil. That is it. I love the simplicity of this pasta dish.
If you are looking for a meal that can be made in minutes, try cheese tortellini with spinach and slow roasted tomatoes.
Cheese Tortellini with Spinach and Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt-to add to boiling water
- 1 bag frozen cheese tortellini 16 oz. size
- 2 cups slow roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh spinach washed and roughly chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Fresh Parmesan cheese-to taste
- 1. Fill a large pot ¾ full with water. Bring to a boil. Add a ½ T of salt. Stir in frozen cheese tortellini. Cook until tortellini floats to the top and is soft. Drain and put tortellini in a medium bowl.
- 2. Stir in the slow roasted tomatoes and spinach. Drizzle with olive oil and stir again.
- 3. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
- Note-I used frozen slow roasted tomatoes. Defrost and reheat before stirring them in with the tortellini. You can use freshly roasted tomatoes, for instructions you can visit this post.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this cheese tortellini recipe, you might also like:
Spinach Salad with Tortellini, Dried Cranberries, Apples, Almonds, and Feta from Two Peas and Their Pod
Tortellini Spinach Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod
Tortellini with Balsamic Brown Butter from Love and Olive Oil