Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bars-chocolate chip cookie bars topped with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. A drizzle of hot fudge is highly recommended!
A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for Toffee Ice Cream Brownie Bars. I haven’t stopped thinking about them because I haven’t stopped eating them:) Well, I did take a break to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bars. I had to see if the ice cream dessert would work with chocolate chip cookie bars. Did it work? You better believe it! I made my favorite chocolate chip cookie bar recipe and topped the bars with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. If you are a chocolate chip cookie fan, this is the dessert for you!
I love making these ice cream bar desserts because you can make them in advance. You can keep a pan in the freezer and pull them out when you have company…or an ice cream craving!
The thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars get frosted with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. The Cookie Monster would love this dessert!
I like to cut the bars into squares and drizzle warm hot fudge over the top. Mmmm! You can also cut them into skinnier bars and eat them like an ice cream bar. Your fingers will get a little sticky, but that’s all part of the fun!
I will warn you, like the Toffee Ice Cream Brownie Bars, these bars are hard to cut. Make sure you run a sharp knife under hot water when you are cutting the bars. You will get a workout cutting the bars and that means you can have two servings. Trust me, the work to get them out of the pan is worth it!
Celebrate summer with Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bars! Cookie and ice cream lovers will be in dessert heaven with these decadent bars!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bars
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 3 hours
For the cookie bars:
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling over bars, if desired
For the ice cream layer:
- 1.5 quart of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Hot fudge sauce for serving, if desired
- First, make the chocolate chip cookie bars. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour cookie dough into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkle cookie bars very lightly with sea salt, if desired. Bake cookie bars for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Remove bars from oven and cool completely.
- When the cookie bars are completely cool, evenly spread the ice cream over the cookie bars. Garnish with chocolate chips.
- Cover the ice cream bars and place in the freezer. Freeze until ice cream hardens, at least 2 hours. This dessert can be made in advance.
- When ready to serve, remove the pan from the freezer. Run a sharp knife under hot water and cut the bars into squares. The bars will be hard to cut so make sure you get the knife super hot in between each cut. Drizzle the bars with hot fudge sauce, if desired. Serve.
- Note-To soften the ice cream, let the ice cream out on a countertop for 30 minutes before using. You want it soft enough to spread over cookie bars but still slightly frozen. The ice cream bars will be hard to eat with a fork if you eat them straight from the freezer. You can let them sit for a bit or you can pick them up and eat them. They are a little messy to eat, but I promise it is worth the mess!