Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast Sticks – French Toast Sticks with a special cinnamon streusel topping. Learn how to make these delicious French toast sticks and you’ll be making them time and time again!
French Toast Sticks – a Childhood Favorite
Our Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes are one of our all-time favorite breakfast treats. They are soooo good! I am normally a French toast kind of gal though. If we go out to eat for breakfast, I almost always order French toast. We don’t make French toast a lot at home though. I don’t know why…probably because Caleb always asks for pancakes and waffles.
When I was in grade school, I remember our school cafeteria used to serve French toast sticks for lunch on occasion. I brought a brown bag lunch from home, but I was always jealous of my friends who had hot lunch on French toast sticks day. Not only were they eating my favorite breakfast food, but in stick form. How cool!
Never too old for French Toast Sticks
I am all grown up now, but I am not too grown up for French toast sticks. So I decided to switch things up last weekend and we made Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast Sticks. I combined our favorite pancakes with my favorite French toast. The result was epic! And I am sure my French toast sticks are WAY better than my school’s cafeteria….especially with the cinnamon streusel topping.
How to Make French Toast Sticks
French toast sticks sound something exclusive to a restaurant, but they are easy!
- To make the French toast sticks, I cut Texas toast into three slices. You can use Brioche bread or French bread or another thick bread.
- I dipped the bread sticks into an egg/milk mixture that had a hint of vanilla and cinnamon.
- I put the French toast sticks on a baking sheet and baked them for 9 minutes.
- I took them out of the oven, flipped them over, and added the glorious cinnamon streusel topping.
- I put them back in the oven and baked them until they were golden brown and the cinnamon streusel topping was set. It sticks right to the top of the French toast sticks.
You can dunk the Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast Sticks in maple syrup if you are a kid at heart or you can drizzle them with maple syrup. Either way, they are delicious! And they are so sweet you really don’t need maple syrup, but why not?
Homemade French Toast Sticks for the Win!
The next time you want to make a special breakfast treat, make Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast Sticks. They kind of taste similar to Baked French Toast, but you don’t have to prepare them the night before. They are super simple to make!
I am sure we will be eating French toast more often at our house. I think our boys will be requesting Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast sticks from now on! I am ok with that:)
If you like French Toast Sticks, you might also like:
- Classic French Toast
- Pumpkin French Toast
- Baked French Toast Muffins
- Belgian Waffles
- Bacon Potato and Egg Casserole
Cinnamon Streusel Baked French Toast Sticks
For the French Toast Sticks:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Cut bread slices into thirds then set aside.
- Cut the bread slices into 3 sticks. In a large shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Dunk bread sticks into batter, let excess drip off, then place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes.
- While the French Toast Sticks are baking, make the cinnamon streusel. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix together with your hands or a fork, until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Remove French Toast Sticks after the 9 minutes. Flip the sticks over and sprinkle the cinnamon streusel over the sticks. Place the pan back in the oven and bake for another 9-10 minutes, or until sticks are golden and streusel is set. Remove from the oven and serve warm, with syrup, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod