This week I have been sharing recipes to help you use up your leftover Halloween candy. So far we’ve played around with Snickers and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I made Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies and a Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Today Butterfinger candy bars are the star, so dig through your candy and pull out the Butterfingers. Hopefully, nobody laid a finger on your Butterfingers because you will want to make these Crispy Butterfinger Cookies.
Butterfingers are crispy and crunchy so I wanted to create a cookie that kept their texture. I added oatmeal and Rice Krispies cereal to the cookie dough to keep the crispy/crunchy texture going. I also added in chocolate chips because you can never have enough chocolate:)
I love a good candy bar every now and then, but can usually resist. The Halloween candy bowl doesn’t usually tempt me until I add the candy to cookies. I have no self control when it comes to cookies:) So I ate one cookie to make sure they were ok for all of you…and then I ate another and another. These Crispy Butterfinger cookies were thoroughly taste tasted by yours truly and I highly recommend you make them. There is no better way to enjoy a Butterfinger, in my cookie obsessed opinion:)
A few other recipes to help you use up your Halloween candy:
- Twix Caramel Popcorn
- Rolo Cookies
- Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
- Golden Grahams S’mores Bars
- Twix Caramel Brownies
Crispy Butterfinger Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 ¼ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Butterfinger candy bars
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Combine butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy, about two minutes. On low, add in egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- 3. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the oats, cereal, chocolate chips, and Butterfinger chunks. Don’t over mix. You don’t want to crush the cereal too much.
- 4. Scoop dough into balls, about a tablespoon each, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown, the centers should still be soft. Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet. Move cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Crispy Butterfinger Cookies, you might also like: